Archinect
anchor

Name That School!

jpeg dot jpeg

This thread is for people who know what kind of work they want to do but aren't sure which schools/programs will get them there. So describe the kind of program you're after, and hopefully the experts here on Archinect will have knowledge enough to make a helpful suggestion.

-

I would like to make affordability(i.e Teddy Cruz) and human centered design(i.e Carlo Scarpa) hallmarks of my work, but what I’ve heard anecdotally is that there is neither a market for that kind of product nor a school that teaches methods to that end. Most of what I’ve heard is cynicism about how architects only build for the 1% and most M.Arch programs are preoccupied with parametric design and the like. 

Which programs value teaching architecture in the context of economics and city planning? Which programs have a competitive and challenging studio culture? 

I hope I've been clear enough, but if not feel free to ask for clarification.

Mar 17, 18 12:26 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: