Archinect
anchor

PennDesign vs GSAPP M.Arch / Real Estate Program

bonsai180

Hi Guys,

I've recently received admissions from Penn, GSAPP, and Berkeley for M.Arch I. I currently live in NYC and I'm more interested in Penn and GSAPP. (I don't know much about Berkeley and West coast architecture culture. Would love to hear people from Berkeley too!)

I've received scholarship from Penn (14k/year) and non from Columbia. (2.5k from Berkeley) 

I want to know what would you recommend? 

I know the common assumption is that GSAPP is more idea-driven and Penn is more form-driven. Is it true? Does the different schools affect the career paths I take?

How are the faculties, specialization, pros/cons, and relevant info for all schools? I am career-driven and hope to work in an office upon graduation and start my own firm someday. 

I'm also really interested in the real estate programs in both Columbia and Penn. I know Columbia has the M.Arch + M.S. RED and Penn has the Real Estate Design and Development Certificate. 

Has anyone been in these programs? Would you recommend them? And what are the odds of getting in? (I've only had a few intern experiences and I'm still in school right now) And what kind of work do you do right now? 

(I know Penn also has M.Arch + MBA but it's probably hard to get in to the MBA program. It is Wharton after all. If anyone has done this program I'd love to hear about it too!)

Deadlines are approaching. Would love some feedback from you!

Thanks!!

Mar 15, 18 10:20 am
Dangermouse

you don't need the wharton degree to get the wharton network.  you can always take an elective or two in that program, join social clubs, go to events...consider the broader network of the school and how you can leverage that into your professional development. for example, haas is a good school but the berkeley network might not be as robust as penn on the east coast, if thats where you want to end up.   just a thought.  

Mar 15, 18 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
needle

What is your decision? I am going into the M.S. RED program. 

Apr 25, 18 9:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: