Archinect
anchor

Syracuse or SCI ARC for undgrad!!!!

adammmmn

I'm a international student and I'm also a transfer student from a 2-year community college in California. I currently applied for SCI ARC, Syracuse, UCB, U of Minnesota, Pratt, Parsons. While Sci arc and Syracuse are the two that I want to go most.

I have been looking up for a lot of forums about this, but still in a mess. 

Can someone give me some advices?????

Is there anyone who is currently in these schools can talk about experience?

Or is there anyone who is making the same decision???????

I need you guys' help!

Mar 15, 18 11:40 am
placebeyondthesplines_

this doesn't seem urgent, maybe you should use more question marks

Mar 15, 18 11:47 am  · 
 · 
Archlandia

First - where do you want to live during and/or after school?

Second - If money isn't an option, go to SCI-Arc

Mar 15, 18 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
splinesbetweentheplace

First - you are an idiot but sounds like you've got money

Second - go to SCI-Arc, you'll fit right in

Mar 16, 18 5:51 am  · 
 · 
.indd

Syracuse will give you a more rounded architecture education. If you go to sciarc you will more than likely be forced into their pedagogy, which is fine if that's what you believe in. Syracuse would give you more time to find your own voice and in the end you could probably get a masters at sciarc if you really wanted.

Mar 16, 18 11:11 am  · 
 · 
adammmmn

Right. I have been looking up so many forums and other information, from most of which I realized that Sci arc teaches advanced thoughts and parameterized modeling, which may not be a good aspect for students' job finding after graduation. But for me, I'll definitely go to graduate school. So will which school be more suitable for me? Actually, for me I prefer to go

Mar 17, 18 1:21 am  · 
 · 
adammmmn

Syracuse... On the other hand, I prefer to live in a warmer city.

Mar 17, 18 1:22 am  · 
 · 
.indd

Only you can decide which school is more suitable for you. If it were me, I would pick Syracuse but that's my personal preference. A lot of programs have opportunities to learn parametric modeling so I wouldn't let that be a deciding factor. The best thing to do is look at the student work that each schools produces and look at what their recent alumni are doing post graduation.

Mar 17, 18 12:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: