Archinect
anchor

GSAPP MS.AAD some questions

whysong

Hello. I'm International Applicant to MS.AAD, GSAPP 2018. (still waiting Cornell, Penn, and MIT)

As a matter of fact, I want to ask some questions to GSAPP alumni or current students.

1. How many people are in M.Arch I and MS.AAD? (or Proportions? ex- M.Arch I : 70 / MS.AAD : 30)

2. I know MS.AAD program is summer-fall-spring straight course. But, Are there many people who take minimum courses each semester and delay whole course? I think 1 year is so tight and short to improve English proficiencies and to adapt new cultures for international students.

3. Is it pretty okay to get a job for the foreigners after ending this program? I'm still waiting Cornell MS.AAD which have a STEM. So, I think Cornell is better for getting a job compared to GSAPP because a working visa is important issue for the international. But Manhattan's diverse energy and location seems more appealing than Cornell's Ithaca.

Mar 9, 18 8:16 pm
placebeyondthesplines__

so strange that you’d want to enter a graduate program at Columbia if proficiency in English is a concern at all. architecture school is structured around feedback from peers and faculty; if that’s difficult for you to give or receive before you even start, you don’t sound very prepared to succeed. 

then again, your list of schools sounds like typical prestige-hunting nonsense (those programs couldn’t be more different except for their fancy brand names) so maybe making a meaningful contribution isn’t your top priority. 

Mar 9, 18 11:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: