Archinect
anchor

transit facilities, train station documentation

darkryst

Hello, i'm an architecture student & i need a little help, anyone knows/have any documentation about transit facilities, precisly about train stations, with details & necesities. the things that helps in the conception of a train station. thanks for giving your time by replying.

Feb 19, 18 6:19 pm
Non Sequitur

is it not your job as a student to do the reaserch yourself?

Feb 19, 18 8:24 pm  · 
 · 
joseffischer

Lookup and call the maintenance and facility people of the local transit station of interest.  If you're diligent and nice enough, you may eventually get a contact of an actual engineer (typically civil engineers are in charge rather than architects) who can forward you .pdfs of the area you're interested in.  I'd assume you'll need to get your professor or some other admin person at your school involved to help grease the wheels and not take months.

As someone with ongoing projects effecting, but not part of, the local transit authority, when we ask for as-builts, they usually send me what I need by the end of the week... but I already have the correct person's email, and they already have everything digitally scanned.  YMMV

Feb 20, 18 9:31 am  · 
 · 
darkryst

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Non Sequitur  i'm not asking for a research done, i'm asking for documentation i mean books or magazines. little help is alaways good^^'

joseffischer i'm from algeria & this country is really poor in architecture, am not gonna lie to you, train station here are dating from the france colonisation which are built probably before 60's there's nothing to learn from em'. thanks for your reply though having contacts with civil engineers & architects is simple, but their knowledge is really limited in this subject. 

Peter Normand thank you that will help. ^^I

found a book https://www.amazon.com/Buildin... but well, with the problem of shipping impossible to get it. 

if anyone have any other documents or stuff that can help am fine with them, thanks again.

Feb 22, 18 11:19 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: