Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Review for SUPRASTUDIO (UCLA) / Sci-Arc

Hello guys,

I'm applying for Masters in UCLA and Sci-Arc. This is my portfolio: https://issuu.com/anastasiapro...

Should I improve it somehow? 

Looking forward for any feedbacks

Thanks!

Jan 25, 18 11:00 am
randomised

Overall, nice projects from what I can tell from my mobile. I like your fascination with space and mars, it's nicely nerdy. Not sure about the use of type, somehow it just doesn't speak to me, maybe some more hierarchy or a sans serif might work better. Also, some of your images don't have a background colour so they seem to float randomly on the white page, giving them or the page a slight background colour, or a thin stroke around the image might already work. Also, you dedicate a lot of pages to your internship in Hong Kong which was only 2 months if I read correctly. Did you really produce all of the featured material yourself or was it a team effort and if so what was your role?

Jan 25, 18 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
Anastasia Prosina

Hello! Thanks for your reaction.
In terms of the type, I agree with you, sans serif works better.

Jan 29, 18 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
Anastasia Prosina

And yes, you are right, it is better to fill up white gaps of backgrounds. As for Hong Kong internship, I added some information about my duties on the fist page of concert hall project. Do you think that I should to discribe my work more presiesly? Or less the amount of pages? All information provided is important to understand clearly the project even though some parts were not done by me. Thank you

Jan 29, 18 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Well, I think no one will know what you did on that project when you show the full scope of the project and just say you were part of the team, and only worked there 2 months. I'd be way more specific if there is anything worth being specific about. Otherwise people will assume the worst and think you were only doing insignificant little tasks not worth specifying that you are simply trying to cover up with fancy outsourced renderings etc.

Jan 30, 18 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

People don't need to understand every project in depth, they want to know what you're capable of is my experience. If it is your personal thought process on display, yes show a bit more, but otherwise...it's quickly too much.

Jan 30, 18 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
Anastasia Prosina

Wise thoughts. I will pay attention to that. Thank you!

Feb 1, 18 12:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: