Archinect
anchor

Pre-req classes for architecture graduate school

nickmarsala

Im looking to hopefully get into Pratt Institute. The pre-req classes that are needed are Calculus and Physics. When you get into an Architecture program usually how much emphasis is put on those subjects? Thanks

Jan 9, 18 12:15 am
randomised

Not that much usually, unless you want to put emphasis on those yourself.

Jan 9, 18 3:40 am  · 
 · 
kjdt

A fundamental physics course is helpful for your understanding in structures/statics courses in grad school, though some M.Arch programs don't require it as a pre-req and most of their students who never took it manage to do fine without it.  The only time I can remember calculus coming up specifically in grad school was when we were studying acoustics and light - i.e. for a month or two, in a couple building systems courses.  Again, those courses would have been survivable and passable without having taken calculus previously.

Jan 9, 18 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
hellion

Since you mentioned going to Pratt, you should watch this. It's a documentary featuring architecture students in Pratt. 

Jan 9, 18 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

I really enjoyed watching this with my right eye on my second screen while sipping my post-lunch coffee :)

Jan 10, 18 8:21 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: