Archinect
anchor

Virginia Tech portfolio requirements

SydSat

I'm applying to Virginia Tech right now and was all squared away, when I realized the application itself and the website say two different things.

The website says it has to be 8.5 x 11, 20 pages.

The applications just says 20 pages front and back, no size requirement.

No one I've called can give me an answer, so I'm reducing my portfolio to 8.5 x 11" landscape, 20 pages, but I'm not even sure that's what they're looking for now. Has anyone recently applied who can tell me what they heard or submitted?

Jan 5, 18 10:44 am
randomised

It's not rocket science now is it? The website says  8.5 x 11, 20 pages...so make your portfolio  8.5 x 11, 20 pages, duh... You could make it 20 pages A0+ just because they don't mention size in the applications, but come on, you surely know better than that. It might be their first wall of defense against lazy students, to see if people actually check their website ;)

Jan 5, 18 11:45 am  · 
 · 
mszczere
Don't overthink it- 20 8,5x11 pages should be plenty to showcase your abilities. A shorter portfolio showing your best projects is worth more than a large portfolio showing all of them. Keep in mind you will be judged as much on your strongest works as your weakest.
Jan 6, 18 2:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: