Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Review for TU Delft/Bartlett Masters

Hello!

I'm applying for Masters (Architecture Track) in TU Delft, Bartlett and Cardiff. This is my portfolio : https://issuu.com/garygilson/d...

Do you think I'll get in ?

Delft is my first choice.Followed by Bartlett.

Thanks!

Jan 2, 18 11:00 am
Non Sequitur

Maybe, but that cover design and dumb software graph & profile picture is terrible.  Loose both. 

Jan 2, 18 11:24 am  · 
 · 
xero

Looks good to me. Dont think it'll be a problem to get in to Delft or Bartlett. Good Luck.

Jan 2, 18 11:49 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Since tuition fees for non-EU students at the TU Delft are like 3 times higher I'm sure they'll let you in, as a Dutchman I thank you for your moneys :)

Jan 2, 18 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Sorry, I didn't even look at your portfolio...

Jan 2, 18 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
archietechie

You should, I'm sure you'll have much to say.

Jan 2, 18 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Maybe when I'm on WiFi later, but my experience is they take mediocre applicants (not yet saying this application is mediocre) way faster when they need to pay a much higher tuition fee. That's how they keep the level up and can buy all that shiny equipment, the latest books and employ a decent staff for the rest of us. This portfolio is almost irrelevant unless covered in swastikas (although that's a totally acceptable cultural symbol in India, so you might even get away with that too) but I'll have a peek later nonetheless.

Jan 2, 18 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
archietechie

Ah nuts, you ruined the suspense. That aside, aren't most "prestigious" doing the same? For the money I mean.

Jan 2, 18 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Is it really covered in swastikas?

Jan 2, 18 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
archietechie

I'd hoped you didn't take things quite so literally.

Jan 2, 18 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

So, that's a 'no' then on the swastika-front? Maybe I should just check that damn portfolio, we're going back and forth and I'm just getting more and more confused. Hopefully I'll have 5 minutes during lunch, fingers crossed.

Jan 3, 18 2:19 am  · 
 · 
randomised

I'm forcing myself to have a read, together with my morning coffee. There seems to be a disconnect between the projects and the graphical style of the portfolio, it partly looks like the identity for some teenage electronic music festival (think Martin Garrix) and some outdated tropical modernism with a few curves here and there. The partis are the best part but still look like the tents in which the child DJ-stars might be performing with DJ Gary Gilson, judging from your colourful portrait picture, as the headliner with those cicrles representing all the buttons and dials on your Pioneer DJ gear.

Jan 3, 18 3:41 am  · 
 · 
randomised

I think your portfolio is good enough to get you into the TU Delft, no worries there...

Jan 3, 18 3:43 am  · 
 · 
archietechie

Really Rando? I would've thought the color scheme turn you off at first glance. And that's the least of the issues.

Nonetheless, you've gave it all you've got and that's what matters OP. all the best!

Jan 3, 18 5:30 am  · 
 · 
randomised

If you think a comparison with teenage electronic dance music is a turn on :)

Jan 3, 18 5:57 am  · 
 · 
archietechie

I've no issue with colors actually. It's the way it's being used and if one isn't careful, the palette may turn out real messy. Take this for instance, I'd say it balances out very well: https://issuu.com/arfakhan/docs/convert-jpg-to-pdf.net_2016-11-10_2

Jan 3, 18 6:16 am  · 
 · 
ilovearchitecture

I think the front and back covers are too much. CV is also too much. Why a black theme? 

Jan 3, 18 7:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: