Archinect
anchor

SCI - Arc (REVIEWS - BArch Programme) need to make a decision fast

whateverbleh

I was intrigued by SCI - Arc's  unique approach towards architecture and decided to apply to this institute, but I need to know if I am making the right choice. Is it a good university overall? And by overall, I mean the faculty, campus, cost of living, cost of study materials (prints, etc.), recreational time? I am an international student btw. 

Also, are the study abroad programs in effect?

Dec 25, 17 11:21 am
whateverbleh

Dec 27, 17 11:40 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

adult decisions are hard.  Let's ask random strangers online because it's much easier!

Dec 28, 17 12:01 am  · 
 · 
whateverbleh

I'm just 17 but bwahahahahah funny! Also, it's not like I would make my decision solely on your comments. I am an international student and I wanted to get some insights on the institute because it's not possible for me to visit it.

Dec 28, 17 12:46 am  · 
 · 
archietechie

You honestly don't sound mature enough for undergrad even. Try again in 5 years time.

Dec 28, 17 1:18 am  · 
 · 
whateverbleh

and making snap judgements based on my username is mature :)

Dec 28, 17 1:56 am  · 
 · 
archietechie

Not looking for an undergrad programme tho. Keep up kid

Dec 28, 17 2:27 am  · 
 · 
whateverbleh

I wonder what they call people who comment unrelated stuff on discussion forums. Jobless? Attention seekers? I honestly don't know haha. 

Dec 28, 17 3:33 am  · 
 · 
archietechie

Oh you mean here? In an architecturally-related forum? Architects ;) stay ignorant kiddo.

Dec 28, 17 5:52 am  · 
 · 
whateverbleh

Okay honestly I give up haha :') and I need an opinion. Pls.

Dec 29, 17 9:06 am  · 
 · 
whateverbleh

Okay honestly I give up haha :') and seriously need to get an opinion. Pls. 

Dec 29, 17 9:05 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

My opinion: a B.Arch at Sciarc would be a good choice only for that rare someone who is certain that they want to pursue architecture, is interested in Sciarc’s narrow pedagogy around visualization and digital fabrication, and does not need the multidisciplinary opportunities at a more conventional university. 

Otherwise I would recommend you go to a different school with more options, figure out what you really want to do and are interested in, and maybe go there for grad school.

Dec 29, 17 10:40 am  · 
 · 
whateverbleh

oh, alright. Thanks a lot!

Dec 29, 17 11:17 pm  · 
 · 
archietechie

Ok I'll bite, and only because you asked nicely. Disclaimer: Wasn't a student there but here're some things I know:

-

- Cost of Living:Living in LA is comparable to popular metropolitan areas like NYC. I'd share accommodation with other students if I were you.

- Cost of materials: Expensive AF so unless daddy's rich...

There was a past thread on how a class in sci-arc mandated the purchase of iPads by every single student for the sake of presentation. No, they didn't get those back after said exhibition. Go look up via the Search function.

- Recreation Time: You're talking about arch school in general. What recreation time?

Dec 29, 17 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
archietechie

Part of my reply got lost in the system, well whatevs.

Dec 29, 17 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
whateverbleh

Thanks a lot :')

Dec 29, 17 11:21 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Why SCI-Arc? Or, why not? Know some people who went there on exchange, they liked to surf so maybe that's something to consider.

Dec 29, 17 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
whateverbleh

lol surfing>>> career nah that's not how it works lmao xD

Dec 29, 17 11:21 pm  · 
 · 
whateverbleh

but thanks

Dec 29, 17 11:23 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

You're welcome, hope it helped.

Jan 1, 18 10:44 am  · 
 · 
hellion

SCI-Arc has a profile page here in Archinect where you can see all the registered Archinect users who went there. Best to message and ask them personally. https://archinect.com/sciarc

Dec 31, 17 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
whateverbleh

Thanks a lot!!

Jan 1, 18 10:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: