Archinect
anchor

Help with site plan

Redbeeerd

Hey guys!

I am currently doing my master, and I am working on my final presentation. Since my graphic skills are a bit lacking I would be eternally grateful if someone could point me to some examples of great site plans that contain a lot of trees. My site is mostly forest with a river running through it, and since it is quite big (450x500m) I have a hard time finding a suitable technique to describe it properly. The project revolves around a visitor center built on an old hydropower site, and I am aiming to show the connection between the center, movement through the, and a number of small cabins situated along its central axis. Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Dec 2, 17 10:56 am
TED

Hey Mate - don't you have internet?  pretty dire, I'd say 

Dec 2, 17 11:07 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

lmfao.  Lazy student

Dec 2, 17 11:15 am  · 
 · 

Dec 2, 17 11:26 am  · 
 · 
Redbeeerd

Good tip, ordered!

Dec 3, 17 5:48 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Just use words instead.

Dec 2, 17 11:34 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Exactly!

Dec 2, 17 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
archietechie

Sad state of affairs of our students these days...

Dec 2, 17 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
Redbeeerd

Wow, I'm stunned by the response. I simply asked for inspiration, not for someone to do my job. Thanks for the encouraging words. :-/

To you who actually did help out: thanks guys! :-)

Dec 2, 17 1:21 pm  · 
 · 

A of M

Dec 2, 17 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Use shipping containers. Good good feng-Shuhei
Dec 2, 17 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
Redbeeerd

Hmm, I'll see if I can find a few naturally grown in northern Sweden ;-)

Dec 3, 17 5:53 am  · 
 · 
Peripteral Magic

Best site plans I ever came across were the ones by Miralles/Pinós. Though now that I think of it... I could probably say that too about their GA's, sections, elevations and details...

I would check them out if I were you.

Dec 2, 17 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
Redbeeerd

This (and also the above

Dec 3, 17 5:54 am  · 
 · 
Redbeeerd

It seems my reply got cut off for some reason. This reply is exactly what I was looking for: inspiration and a pointer to something that I did not find in my frantic googling (yes, believe it or not, I googled like mad before I asked here....)
Thanks for all the friendly advice guys, I ordered the book and that Pinterest board has some very nice work on it!

Dec 3, 17 7:28 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: