Archinect
anchor

M.Arch Transfer

archgrad404

I'm currently enrolled in an M.Arch I (3-year) in which I received somewhat of an advanced placement, one design studio along with a couple of electives were credited, and I'm extremely considering transferring.  

Unfortunately it has taken me a year and a half to realize that the program isn't for me. Some of those reasons being: unconventional design methodologies, a lack of rigor among my peers, repetitiveness on the circulation of professors (teach more than one required courses, at midterm/final reviews rather than external jurors) curriculum changes, etc.

Going through some of the old posts/threads it sounds like the transfer process can be extremely difficult or almost impossible in terms of what credits will and wont transfer.  In all honesty, although that is a concern and of high importance, I would rather make the attempt of finding and situating myself in a program that I'm truly content with -  even with having already completed half of the M.Arch program which I'm currently in.

So rather than discussing the difficulty of the process, or asking for reassurance, I'm just curious on hearing from anyone that has gone through the process or knows of someone who has.  I'd greatly appreciate it and hope to hear from you guys!

P.S.

I would rather not reveal where I'm currently attending...just because I'm having doubts with this specific program, doesn't mean that everyone will.. 

About me:

26/ M / U.S. 

GPA: 3.7

Previous Work: 2 years draftsman

GRE: average 

Thanks in advance! 

Dec 2, 17 1:49 am
placebeyondthesplines

you will almost certainly have to start over completely, which may or may not be worth it if your current school is garbage and you have reason to believe you could be accepted to a better program

Dec 2, 17 10:57 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: