Archinect
anchor

AutoCAD Certification

derfthearchitect

Hey!!!

So I'm currently a sophomore in college pursuing an AS in Architectural drafting and a BS in Building Construction Technology.  I've been having some difficulty earning an internship and was thinking it could be because of my lack of experience.  I'm pretty good with AutoCAD and have worked with it in high school and maintained an A throughout the semester when I took the class in college, but I've been thinking of getting an AutoCAD certification in hopes that it will give me the upper hand on other candidates.  Do you think it's worth it? (Practice material costs $70)

Nov 9, 17 10:18 am
senjohnblutarsky

Maybe.  

Nov 9, 17 10:55 am  · 
 · 
tduds

Learn BIM. 

AutoCAD certification will only make you the most skilled horseman in a world of automobiles, so to speak.

Nov 9, 17 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
derfthearchitect

I actually remember someone else mentioning BIM to me. What exactly is it?  And will I be able to download it for free through a student subscription like AutoCAD and Revit?

Nov 9, 17 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
joseffischer

@David... Envious as always.  Stupid revit.

Nov 9, 17 1:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: