Archinect
anchor

Portfolio review for PhD Applications

hassanykb

Hello Archinect,

I have been reworking my portfolio in preparation for PhD applications and will be glad to get some reviews. Please find a link to it below

https://issuu.com/neindowhassanyakubu/docs/portfolio2016sk/1

Thanks in advance

Oct 16, 17 10:37 am
archinine
Have you got any images of built work? Hand drawings? Lots of computer skills but missing craft. Depends where you're applying though. Hand sketches here and there rarely hurt.

Good diversity of projects otherwise. Length is quite ok for the level of study. Technicality is high.

Overall I find the colors way over saturated and the pages begging for white space. But again that's more up to preference. The landscape project is best represented imo.
Oct 16, 17 11:01 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Just curious, what kind of PhD would you be applying for and where? Am personally not a fan of illustrated software proficiency diagrams, e.g. "advanced" proficiency in some software, but according to whom? They look unprofessional in my opinion, you're either proficient or you aren't.

Oct 16, 17 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

I second randomised's opinion. I find proficiency diagrams to be a dumb waste of space on a resume.

Nov 26, 17 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
hassanykb

@archinine - Thank you for the feedback. I have a number of pictures from recent built work that i'll add. Hand drawings are quite few and putting them in is my challenge, i'd have to look around to see how others make it integrate well. 

@randomised - I'm applying to a theory programme - urban studies at Cambridge and UCL. Looking to apply for the DDES at Harvard as well.

Nov 26, 17 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

That's pretty ambitious. Good luck with that, I'll be jealous if you get in and get funding ;-)

Nov 27, 17 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
jamesherm

Nov 26, 17 12:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: