Archinect
anchor

Need advice for portfolio

emstuss

hello everyone

This is my first attempt of doing s portfolio for a grad school, it's not done yet and i still have a time to change it so please give me a sincere feedback. Thank you!

https://issuu.com/annstussy/do...

Sep 29, 17 4:18 pm
Non Sequitur

Too much grey wash. Nothing stands out and I don't like the section profile along the gutter.

Sep 29, 17 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
emstuss

Yes, I know my graphic design skills are a bit weak and I am working on it. can you tell me something about the content as well?

Sep 30, 17 7:14 am  · 
 · 
thatsthat

Others may disagree, but I say get rid of the skyline on the side of each layout.  At first, I thought you had scanned a page that was ripped out of a printed portfolio.  Also the cheesy quotes from other architects is not ok.  If you used a precedent study from a specific architect, show that as an example.  Ditch the quote.

Sep 29, 17 5:31 pm  · 
 · 
emstuss

Fair enough, thank you!

Sep 30, 17 7:15 am  · 
 · 
Archlandia
I second the skyline/torn pages comment, doesn’t add to the layout. Also, things are cramped onto the pages. Try to find a way to make the negative space of the page work with your images. And you need to explain your thought process through images. The big decisions made will be graphically represented. For example, you have text, a sketch, site plan, plan and rendering all on one page for your sports center. It’s the first page, just start off with the grand idea of the project in the simplest form. You don’t need to show the entire conception of the project on the first page. Also, put your portfolio together like you’re showing it to a client. This way, you can explain your project through images.
Mar 7, 18 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
Archlandia
Oh also, you need a voice! Shows us your design emotions through your portfolio.
Mar 7, 18 3:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: