Archinect
anchor

Glasgow 3D Model Search - Help!

burnetts

I am an architecture student in Boston, Massachusetts at Wentworth Institute of Technology. The design project for my graduate studio is in Glasgow at the corner of George Street and John Street on the University of Strathclyde's campus. I was wondering if anyone had any 3d models or resources of that area you'd be able to share? I am particularly looking for a rhino model but any 3d format will do. Any level of detail from massing to more developed models would help tremendously. Thank you all in advance! 

Sep 26, 17 2:45 pm
randomised

UK cities provide detailed 3D models which can be viewed with TerraExplorer.

Sep 27, 17 3:07 am  · 
 · 
burnetts

I have used that program to view the City Council Urban Model but there is no way to export the building geometries that I have seen. Is there a way to do so?

Sep 27, 17 9:59 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Ho'bout you build your own model?

damn lazy students.

Sep 27, 17 10:24 am  · 
 · 
burnetts

Very well underway in that department, thanks for the advice genius

Sep 27, 17 11:05 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

glad you recognized my genius

Sep 27, 17 11:12 am  · 
 · 
burnetts

More like a lack of

Sep 27, 17 11:13 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I'm not the one trying to take a shortcut.

Sep 27, 17 11:32 am  · 
 · 
burnetts

Its actually called documentation, using resources, and working smarter not harder. But I already built the city so your point is mute. feel free to check out my lazy work whenever. www.stefan-burnett.com

Sep 27, 17 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

typical student stuff. Big woop.

Sep 27, 17 12:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: