Archinect
anchor

How do I calculate how many people will visit a social sporting club?

mrp97

I am a student and I have to design a social sporting club. I need to know how many people will be visiting the club. What are the methods I can use to estimate the number, and what should I take into consideration?

Thanks in advance!

Sep 18, 17 11:44 am
archiwutm8

This is something your tutors should have taught you.

Square ft, seating plan and guide book issued by your architecture association based in its use. It's clearly a public used building so there are guidelines out there.

It's not that difficult to calculate if you just have a basic plan, typography, narrative and some basic research of your area used.

Did you perform any research beforehand?

Sep 18, 17 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

more than 2, less than a million.

Sep 18, 17 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Just virtually count them at the door when they enter, no?

Sep 18, 17 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

What I mean is you don't know how many will visit until it's built. You will only know how many are allowed to visit at one and the same time based on a number of parameters. What those parameters are exactly depends on your location and the local safety regulations.

Sep 18, 17 1:17 pm  · 
 · 

Comparable arenas or venues and divide by the catchment area (the population / region the fans come from) this gives you a percentage of the population that may come to your project, apply that percentage to your projects hypothetical catchment area. Often architects don't do this as it is done by the client and is information given to you as you start the programming and schematic design. But apart from doing an in-depth market analysis this is one way to get within the ballpark of what you need to plan for.

Sep 19, 17 8:48 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

Market study?

Sep 18, 17 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

depends on what sports and how social is the club. during the week will be a lot less than on weekends of course. 

Sep 18, 17 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Is there booze available? 

Makes a difference. 

Sep 18, 17 1:44 pm  · 
 · 

there is a number and calculations called "occupancy loads" per function and building type and directly proportional to sq. ft., sq. meter etc.. go from there to figure how many people can occupy the building. "how many will visit" on the other hand, is a speculative number which you can relate to statistics and demographics of the location.

Sep 18, 17 3:02 pm  · 
 · 

I want to know what kind of sports are going on in this club. 

Sep 18, 17 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Social sports

Sep 19, 17 5:13 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Perhaps korfbal(l), a mix of netball and basketball with mixed teams of both men and women, very social. Either Netherlands or Belgium are normally the world champion...fun fact the dressing rooms and showers are also mixed ;)

Sep 19, 17 5:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: