Archinect
anchor

Picking a School

MakennaP

Hello! 

I have recently decided I want to go to school for Interior/architectural design. I'm having trouble finding a program that works me because, I am currently working a full time 8-5 job. Although, i have found a couple online programs. 

My question is, in employers eyes, is an online program just as good as an in class program? 

Aug 31, 17 2:03 pm
Non Sequitur

No, it's not, but it really depends on the quality of the portfolio you build and the professional skills you develop. What you have going for you is that interior design is no-where near as intensive or difficult as architecture so you can likely get a diploma without much disruption to your full time job.

With that said, do note that the main learning advantage of any design school is the in-person studio where you constantly interact for peers and professors.  Without that and all other things equal, it is very hard to expect someone to develop equally competent skills.

Aug 31, 17 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

No.  Personally, I would be leery of an online program.  A lot of design education is very hands-on and field trips are important too.

Aug 31, 17 2:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: