Archinect
anchor

Discussion in dissertation

Adi22

Hi everyone,

I'm doing my b.arch course and I'm in fourth year. I'm taking my dissertation topic as PARAMETRIC ARCHITECTURE. There are less guidance and resources for the same topic. I want to discuss the topic with all present here.

I need a good guidance for the same.

please help....!!

I will update my things on the forum as I go forward for the topic.

Jun 23, 17 6:56 am
senjohnblutarsky

So, you're hoping for input here, because an initial search didn't reveal a wealth of information? 

My thesis was a stream of consciousness.  If we're writing your thesis for you, be warned that it might ramble a bit. 

Jun 23, 17 7:26 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Did you pick the topic or what is it given to you by the instructors?

More importantly, you first need to develop a guiding thesis statement and use it to frame the questions you aime to explore throughout the dissertation.
Jun 23, 17 7:28 am  · 
 · 
Bench

Seriously - because you've written down such an overtly broad focus:

Are you actually interested in parametric architecture? Or do you just like swoopy/curvy forms?

I lead up a computational design division in my office. Computational design takes a pretty rigorous focus to understand a large breadth of basic principles before you can begin to produce anything worthwhile. Ive been told by lots of people in the past that they'd like to do this work, but I rarely get anyone who seriously wants to understand it inside and out - which you need to do in order to take a project to its built ends.

There is a difference in the question I stated above, and its best to reconcile the intentions with yourself before starting to write a thesis on "Parametric Architecture".

Jun 23, 17 7:58 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: