Archinect
anchor

UCLA or UC Berkeley Undergraduate Architecture?

mrarchitecturestudent

Hello everyone!

I've been accepted to both UCLA and Berkeley and I am having trouble deciding in between them... (and I have to decide by tomorrow!)

UCLA gave me a scholarship, but I was accepted to Design Media Arts and I can only reapply for architecture in junior year (that's how their B.Arts Architecture program is designed, it's only two years). Also, their program was only ranked #13 in the world by QS this year. 

UC Berkeley is ranked #4 in the world, but seems much more competitive and there are a lot of extra course requirements that might distract me from focusing on doing well in my actual major.

I wanted to get some opinions from current students, or others in the field:

What are the strengths and weaknesses of each program?

What is the employability of UCLA vs. Berkeley students?

Thank you!

Apr 29, 17 11:54 am
Non Sequitur
Crowd sourcing a major adult decision and at the very last minute? That's fantastic.
Apr 29, 17 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
haruki

Berkeley is the better choice for an undergraduate. You can reconsider UCLA later on for graduate school. 

Apr 30, 17 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
archinect9

Would you consider Berkeley for Graduate training over UCLA l? How do you think they compare with regards to preparation, reputation , etc.?

Thanks for your infornation  

May 1, 17 11:01 am  · 
 · 
zonker

1/2 my co-workers are from Cal undergrad - I recommend Cal over UCLA - better design, social integration, urban design integration - its just that Cal grads are more idealistic - 

May 1, 17 11:41 am  · 
 · 
archinect9

Do you know if the same positives apply for the MArch graduate program  at Berkeley?-  or more just for the undergraduate program? Thanks very much

May 1, 17 1:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: