Archinect
anchor

Scope of an architectural internship abroad

trisha2296

I'm currently pursuing my Bachelor's degree from an institution in Pune, India. I would like to know the requirements and scope of an internship abroad, preferably in some European or Southeast Asian country. I'm in third year right now and we have a 3month internship as a part of our curriculum in 5th year.

Apr 7, 17 12:46 am
archietechie

As with any country, getting a work visa is more or less mandatory. Sometimes your prospective employers are nice enough to help you out otherwise you'll have to do the paperwork yourself.

Internship experiences vary from place to place, firms to firms. Since you're only available for a short period of time, some placements would require you to do build models purely for the entire period of time so don't be surprised you get nothing but a job filler in your resume.

Apr 7, 17 2:29 am  · 
 · 
randomised

The requirements and scope would be similar to an internship back home and really depends on the office and the work they need done at that moment: from reorganising a library, watering the office plants or preparing lunch to making competition models, PR renderings, finding references or doing interior layout variations etc.

Apr 7, 17 3:24 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: