Archinect
anchor

Commercial Floor Plan Review

jakevanroy

Hey guys, I'm an architectural student in Australia doing a commercial project for our final assignment. I'm wondering if you guys could review and give feedback of these floor plans that I could work on.

The ground floor houses a lobby and small performance stage area.

The first floor houses a gallery for both digital [animation] and physical art.

The student apartments are typical on all floors and are quite small due to the footprint and boundary size. 

The top floor is fitted with a rooftop bar with both an indoor and outdoor section divided by bi-fold doors. 

Any feedback would be great. I am not looking for anyone to do my homework for me, however if you have any room adjustments I will take note.

The boundary is 7.2m x 20m, with the building extending to the boundary.

Thank you for your help :)

Apr 3, 17 8:06 pm
Non Sequitur
Pretty programmatic. Where are the Windows, different wall thickness, material variations? Are all floors equally spaced? Site context?
Apr 3, 17 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

What kind of feedback do you want?
First and foremost, try to think about spaces instead of objects... 

Image result for jesus optical illusion

Sliding doors must have clearance to slide if you intend for them to open all the way. Doors in succession such as the anterooms to the toilet rooms should be spaced as to allow a person in a wheelchair the ability to navigate them one at a time. That's enough to get you started. 

Apr 4, 17 11:48 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Seven floors, one half-circular stair. 

Apr 4, 17 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

And assembly on the roof.

Apr 4, 17 12:32 pm  · 
 · 

Man, those "apartments" are straight up jail cells. There isn't enough room for a student to study, store clothing, etc...

Apr 4, 17 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect
  • unisex bathrooms for the performance, gallery, and roof top levels? 
  • living/social area at apt. levels?
  • prob need an additional exit for the gallery and rooftop assembly areas
Apr 4, 17 4:13 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: