Archinect
anchor

IAAC Student Loans from Canada

daMoose

Has anyone been to IAAC from Canada? Trying to figure out student loan options... Government student loans will not designate the school for qualification. Are there bank options? 

Mar 23, 17 7:33 pm
Non Sequitur

Why are you looking at foreign tuition when good Canadian universities are available and likely cheaper?

Most banks offer professional education loans at low-interest which convert to 20-year repayment deals upon graduation. It's the usual backup if provincial loans won't cut it.

Mar 23, 17 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
daMoose

What university did you go to? UofT is my other option with similar tuition over 3.5 years instead of 2. You can live in a hammock on the beach in Barcelona..

Mar 23, 17 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I have my MArch from Waterloo and it is no secret that UofT is far from the best graduate school. If you do choose international, make sure the program is accredited or else you'll have one big hurdle in front of you come time to register as an intern.

Mar 23, 17 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
daMoose

How big of a hurdle are we talking? Think I could qualify for a 2 year MArch after IAAC?

Mar 23, 17 11:13 pm  · 
 · 
TED

Have you asked IAAC? It is an international institution -

Mar 24, 17 4:55 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Moose, are you looking at undergrad programs internationally and hope to take masters back in Canada? Most travel for graduate school, not their bachelors.

Having said that, most 2y MArch in Canada are difficult to get into unless you meet that institution's reqs perfectly. Plenty end up in 3+ year masters anyways.
Mar 24, 17 6:26 am  · 
 · 
daMoose

Sequitur, I went to your favourite school for my undergrad. I think IAAC would be cool but worried about the accreditation. This is why I would consider another 2y MArch afterwards. Maybe ill stay in Europe, I have a UK passport. 

Mar 24, 17 6:56 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
^fair enough. The Accreditation website will list international schools with compatible MAch.
Mar 24, 17 7:39 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: