Archinect
anchor

Virginia Tech

paigegibson

ive been accepted to a few programs, Oregon, TAMU, Clemson and Virginia Tech. I am leaning very heavily towards Virginia Tech. I was accepted into their WAAC program. However I have been hearing negative things about them lately, even though they are ranked generally high. Any ideas as to why?

Mar 21, 17 12:07 am
arch76

haters gonna hate. 

Mar 21, 17 12:10 am  · 
 · 
arch76

In all seriousness, Tech has a great program with fantastic staff in a great school with a beautiful part of the world wrapped around it. I read the Bauhaus jab the other day in another thread on this site, and thought- yeah, kinda fits, it can be a process oriented program. I think that part of the school culture: cerebral mixed with the emphasis on physical creation, all with exceptional resources and staff, justify the rankings it receives. 

disclaimer: biased hokie, class of 2000

Mar 21, 17 12:35 am  · 
 · 
paigegibson

Thank you! I am graduating from A&M which gets equally as many jabs, Aggie jokes in all sense of our education. I was really just wanting another side explained. So thank you. Like I said, I am leaning greatly towards Virginia Tech. Nothing wrong with process! 

Mar 21, 17 12:58 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor
Choose wherever works for fees. Do not overpay, it's got zero return for investment.
Mar 21, 17 2:41 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor
Choose wherever works for fees. Do not overpay, it's got zero return for investment.
Mar 21, 17 2:41 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

I didn't go to the WAAC, but I can't say I've had any problems with my undergrad education at Tech. I don't think you'll find it to be a bad choice. 

But, I won't be comparing it to the other schools.  I have no back up.  Anyone who does compare, without experience at both, is speculating.  You should consider their advice suspect, at best. 

Mar 21, 17 8:02 am  · 
 · 
Volunteer

WAAC is in Alexandria, VA, (DC really) while the main campus is downstate in Blacksburg, Va, near Roanoke. Why did you chose WAAC? Seems like the living costs would be dramatically higher.

Mar 21, 17 9:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: