Archinect
anchor

Accept UoW or wait for Bartlett ?

Kedar U

Hi all,

My name is Kedar and I am from India. I completed my BArch in 2015 from India itself. I have applied to a few colleges to pursue my Masters in September 2017.

- University of Westminster, London (1 year Architecture MA) - have received an unconditional offer on 10th Feb 2017.

- Bartlett School of Architecture, London (1 year MArch Architectural design) - the school asked me to send my portfolio and they have received it on 9th of march 2017. Waiting or their reply. I really want to go to this school.

- IAAC, Spain ( 1 year masters in advanced architecture) - have given my skype interview and waiting from their response as well.

UoW wants me to accept their offer soon, since it has been more than a month from their unconditional offer. I don't know by when will I receive an offer from Bartlett. What should I do, should I wait for Bartlett or go with UoW ? 

In a really confused situation. Would be grateful with any kind of help. Also, does anyone know by when should I expect a offer from Bartlett.

Thank you.

Mar 15, 17 1:34 am
TED

Bartlett or IAAC are the only 2 that are worth you money. Wait.

Mar 15, 17 5:30 am  · 
 · 
TED

Bartlettt greatly expanded its programme this year so better chance getting an offer - Wait.

Mar 15, 17 5:37 am  · 
 · 
Kedar U

Thank You TED. I will wait and hope that will get an offer from Bartlett soon. Any idea by when should I expect an offer from Bartlett ?? Also, does Bartlett ask for an interview like IAAC ??

Mar 15, 17 8:34 am  · 
 · 
TED

Each program varies - so that question should be answered by Bartlett - if you don't get an offer this year, hold off by a year - well worth the wait! best -

Mar 15, 17 8:46 am  · 
 · 
Kedar U

Thank You TED.

Mar 15, 17 8:48 am  · 
 · 
Kedar U

Hey TED, I did not get into Bartlett but got an acceptance from IAAC. Should I accept IAAC or does Bartlett allow to re-apply for same academic year, once again for the same programme ??

Mar 26, 17 2:28 am  · 
 · 
TED

Hi Kedar - is there other programmes you can get into at the Bartlett - they have new programmes which are great - if your ambition is to stay in the country after the programme finishes (for a year or so) I would look into the visa program in Spain - not familiar with it - UK you can get a tier 2 right now but with Brexit this may go away - Just not impresses with Westminster - but if you wish to be in London that should drive your decision -else wait 1 year - best

Mar 26, 17 5:10 am  · 
 · 
Kedar U

Hi TED, I checked the new programmes at the Bartlett, I am not very keen on applying to them. True Westminster is not that impressive then IAAC. I will take a look at Spain's visa program and if everything seems okay I will go with IAAC. Thank you for your help TED.

Mar 26, 17 8:38 am  · 
 · 
deepakm.s

Hi Kedhar. Im Deepak from India and even i have been planning to apply to IAAC and Bartlett as i find their courses really interesting.So did you go with IAAC ? could you provide me with any insight about this ? 

Nov 26, 17 2:55 am  · 
 · 
Kedar U

Hi Deepak, sorry for the late reply. Yes, I am studying in IaaC the Master in Advanced Architecture Course MAA01. Well, I am still trying to figure out most of the things. The course is good, it is really different from the way we have been taught architecture. As they have said on the website, it is really a transdisciplinary course, taking different fields into architecture. If you like such kind of architecture you should definitely give it a try. I would also recommend you to check out the 3 new courses by IaaC, Master in Advanced Ecological Buildings, Master in Robotics and Advanced Construction and Master in Design for Emergent Futures. 

Dec 29, 17 10:34 am  · 
 · 
Kedar U

Do let me know if you need any other help.

Regards,
Kedar U

Dec 29, 17 10:35 am  · 
 · 
deepakm.s

Hi kedhar. S

Jan 17, 18 10:03 am  · 
 · 
deepakm.s

Hi kedhar

Jan 17, 18 10:04 am  · 
 · 
deepakm.s

hey Kedhar .. I had applied for the MAA02 course and got accepted for a skype interview.. Just wanted to ask how it will be and what to expect 

hope you are doing good 

regards 

Deepak

Jan 17, 18 10:12 am  · 
 · 
Kedar U

Hi Deepak, That's great, congratulations. The skype interview is more like a discussion about your portfolio, what are your likings, why you choose this institute and some other course-related questions. Even you can ask some questions if you have in your mind, make a good use of this opportunity. All the best. Regards, Kedar U

Jan 20, 18 9:16 am  · 
 · 
milindbhavsar

Hi Kedar,

I am looking for advice on studying Architecture in Europe. I am based in UK and this is for my niece. She is in India and completed 12th and now looking for undergrad course, preferably UK. With your experience in the field in India\Europe any suggestion guidance would be appreciated.

if you don't mind drop me email on bhavsar_milind@hotmail.com, so I can communicate with you.

Jun 6, 18 9:47 am  · 
 · 
rheavora

Hi Kedar,

I’ve applied for the MAA01 course and have been accepted for an interview. I would like to know more about your personal experience with the course, university and the place. I’m not an extremely computer savvy person and have never been subjected to coding or advanced forms of architecture. However the subject really interests me and I’d love to develop my skills and knowledge within the field of advanced architecture as I see it as the way forward. Could you please give me an insight about your experience, is it too competitive? Is it worth studying for 9 months only? 
Looking forward to your response :) 

Feb 19, 20 10:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: