Archinect
anchor

Graduate Assistantships?

SUArch

Hi,

So in order to get the best answers, I feel like I need to provide a bit of context to my situation.  I am currently finishing up my bachelor's degree in economics with a minor in architecture.  Because of this, I have already taken seven architecture courses, though the ones that I believe are most likely to be a part of a graduate first professional degree's curriculum are:

Intro to Arch History 1

Intro to Arch History 2

Structures 1 (Survey)

Building Information Modelling Using Revit

In addition to these courses, I was also a teaching assistant for a Spanish course as an undergrad.

Now as I receive my acceptances (four so far, waiting on six more schools), I see that they usually offer me the same amount of financial aid they offer everyone, which means most of these schools are still prohibitively expensive.  I was wondering how likely I am to receive a graduate assistantship, not necessarily in architecture but in any department really?  What do search comittees look for in their TAs? Also, I have heard that assistantships tend to be very generous, providing tuition remission as well as a stipend.  How true is this?

No rude answers please.

Mar 5, 17 4:57 pm
Non Sequitur
A minor in arch? Never heard of that before. Doubtful that that will count for much, double so if you're hoping to actually be a TA. How can you help teach an undergrad you have no experience in? I've also never heard of TA jobs outside of main discipline.
Mar 5, 17 7:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: