Archinect
anchor

What does it mean to redefine a site?

Miamon

After talking to my professors my concept for my latest project has been morphed into "rethinking how the site is being used ". And I'm fine with that as a project, but the only problem is that I have no idea how to even go about doing that in my design. My current thoughts is to just create a more unconventional design, but I don't know how well that fits my new concept. Any thoughts?

Mar 2, 17 11:03 am
randomised

It's so conventional to go unconventional.

Mar 2, 17 11:22 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Miamon, didn't you have the topic of camouflage?

Mar 2, 17 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
Miamon

No, you might be confusing me with someone else, I have the topic of rethinking how the site is being used

Mar 2, 17 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Everyone wants to go "uncoventional"

It's just so easy to say that... how about you actually try instead?

Mar 2, 17 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
starrchitect

"Redefining a site" and "rethinking how a site is being used" are completely different things. Tell your prof to pull his head out of his ass.

Camouflage a site- academic jargon meaning to put everything below grade and cover it with grass and trees. 

Mar 2, 17 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

sometime after reading these op, i often think........ I should have went to that school, I probably could have graduated suma cume lada

Mar 3, 17 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
Miamon

Lol well to be fair I'm just a freshman and still trying to figure everything out...

Mar 3, 17 8:42 pm  · 
 · 
starrchitect

The site (situ or place) and its program (function, etc.) are two completely different things. If your critique was to "redefine it", more than likely this is a programmatic prompt. Without knowing specifics about the project's requirements and what your objectives are, this is all speculation by anyone here. Take a personal approach to it, and evaluate what it means to you. Get a sketchbook, jot down ideas, obsess over it, rethink it through, gather images for inspiration,

Mar 3, 17 8:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: