Archinect
anchor

Master in Space Architecture?

priyamwadapandey

I found out about this Master of Science in Space Architecture program being offered by SICSA, University of Houston. It is a very interesting field and one which I wished about. I have a natural inclination towards Architecture and Astronomy. So I have an interest for this program and frankly, if I want to do Master in architecture, it would be this. I am currently pursuing my B. Arch and I'm from India. I wanted to know about your views for this program and do you think there are employment opportunities for it out there. I do not see myself doing M.Arch in any other field other than this.

Jan 30, 17 1:46 am
randomised

The employment opportunities are out there, waaaay out there.

Jan 30, 17 8:25 am  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

SICSA was down the hall from us when I was doing some studies at University of Houston.  It's not limited to only the design of structures in space, they also look at extreme environments on Earth like undersea habitats and polar sites.

I would contact the program directly to inquire about where their graduates have found employment.  

Jan 30, 17 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
GypsySquid

I am also trying to pursue this program. I know that it has limited slots, hopefully after my M.arch I can get in their program. My question is this: would I be able to get my licensure through a space industry company?

Jan 31, 17 4:36 am  · 
 · 

There's a major in space architecture.?

I find myself suddenly second guessing most of the decisions I've made in life.

Feb 8, 17 1:02 am  · 
1  · 

LOL me too! This is hilarious.

Feb 11, 17 12:04 pm  · 
1  · 
archiwutm8

You missed out on the Moon cheese.

Feb 8, 17 3:49 am  · 
 · 
cipyboy

How's the licensing process for Mars?

Feb 10, 17 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞
It's this where the budding Steve Bannon clubs meet?
Feb 11, 17 11:39 am  · 
 · 

I want to be Mars' first licensed architect.

Feb 11, 17 9:50 pm  · 
1  · 
archiwutm8

That's a really shitty shitposting advert. I'm gonna make sure no one uses your service.

Feb 14, 17 3:31 am  · 
 · 
anchalbhaskar

Contact me for any queries. I am a master's student at this course.

[email protected]

May 26, 17 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
Gabyyy

Hi! I am a high school student who is currently choosing a career... I know it's a masters degree but I'm about to begin college with a bachelor's degree in architecture, I am really interested, and I will email you, hope we can chat!

Jan 22, 24 12:16 am  · 
 · 
Balaji muthalagappan

Hiii.. Brother I'm currently doing my bachelor of architecture in india... I'd like to do masters in space architecture.. Kindly guide me.. I'm waiting.. Eagerly.. 

Oct 21, 18 2:15 am  · 
 · 
shilpathomas

I am looking forward for this course so much!!!! But so many doubts and a little bit of fear ahhh THIS IS LITERALLY MY DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!!!!! 

Nov 7, 19 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
fatima.marques

HI, I recently discovered this Master in Space Architecture and I was trying to apply for it, but it looks like I missed the submission of the form. Does someone knows the deadlines to apply to this course? and if there will be another opportunity to apply this year? Thank you

May 16, 21 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
DeniseDArteaga

For me, space is a basic tool of architecture. It is what is created when forming geometrical 3D structures with mass, another element of architecture. It is the air between objects, the nothingness. It can be perceived because of the existence of light, the qualities of which are in turn used to make beautiful and meaningful rooms.

May 18, 21 11:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: