Archinect
anchor

What the initial design course (before I was dropped due to not attending) was:

RTVSkaarchitecture

We, on maybe the second day brought materials to draw with and were to draw a building on campus.  Other things we were assigned were to draw our room.  Another thing we had to do was practice shading.  The assignment involved hatching in pen & pencil, and using paint to make a shade scale.  We were supposed to measure out each box that held a different type of shading with its "percentage" of shading.  We then showed each other our...room drawings and our shading assignment.  Another assignment we had to do involved a cardboard cutout that consisted only of right angles.  It was to be initally a box then cut into squares and 50%+ of each face had to move from the outside in.  One of my faces consisted of more than 50% and the subjective part of the assignment which was "it was to imply the original box", which my "professor" brought up didn't "imply" the original shape, along with perhaps some other things gave me an F.  A 50% or whatever (i didn't turn in any "notes/drawings/schematics/calculations").  Another assignment was to draw sections of this creation and face views.  I'm not sure if parametric drawing was used because I was dropped from the class from not attending.  At other points during lectures the "professor" stated things like "I think this building does a good job"-his opinion.  This course is required to become an architect in California.

So what I'm wondering is: where did these laws come from?  Who created them?  Who voted for them?  Who claims to enforce them?  Who will change the laws? Have there been people barred from becoming an architect because they could not or would not pass classes that have no objective bearing on a building?

and then the metaphysical questions: "Why does an indoctrination of an indoctrination of learning exist?"  "When does decency and reason form in a human mind?" "Are there humans without any semblance of reasoning capacity?"

I know the answers to many of these questions, and I don't want to hear any gobblygook.  I want to hear some facts, and I want to hear them now.  I'm talking to you, you profiteers of the amalgamated architectural trust(those who made it through school), and most of all I'm talking to the creators of the amalgamated architectural trust also the teachers.

If i independently, in a private lab, tested every architectural engineering concept, saw it with my own eyes, and was able to pass your tests, there is NO REASON except for your guns, enabled by the blind masses (those completely blind and those blind to morality) why I should not be able to call myself an architect and stamp buildings.  You who disagree cannot call yourself a capitalist.

Dec 28, 16 11:37 am
RTVSkaarchitecture

And one more thing, I just got my paperwork to be turned into the government to become an electrician trainee.  I have a welding certification class this summer.  If no doors open to me...I will go on strike and hopefully bring every construction worker in the country with me.  You government philosophers can go starve.

Dec 28, 16 11:45 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^idiot

It's always easier to rebel and claim the world is against your special snowflake unicorn feelings than do basic first year design concept work. 

I am very happy to know you failed. Now get me my latee.

Dec 28, 16 11:46 am  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

How would you know what's always easier?  that's a contradiction.  Kill yourself you brainlet.

Dec 28, 16 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

Non Sequiter, post your fucking architecture.  I'm going to dissect the design with some structural engineering books.  You better not  have fucked/fuck up, cuz Trump may get rid of welfare, bitch.

Dec 28, 16 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
randomized

You're asking about facts? The fact is you can't pass a class when you're dropped for not attending that same class. That's REASON NO.1...maybe show us some of your work, you might be good enough to call yourself an archiNect instead and lick stamps with buildings on them.

Dec 28, 16 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

so should i show you the fucking cardboard non-building or should i tell you how to make a perpetual motion machine?

Dec 28, 16 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

randomized must be a commie

Dec 28, 16 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Yep, total idiot.
Dec 28, 16 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

you didn't post.  you didn't rise.  a thought without an action is empty.  with action your stomach would be empty. how can u live with yourself? you didn't dare.  because you don't dare COMPETE, you broken non-entity.

now what u fucking bitches?

Dec 28, 16 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dec 28, 16 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

now somebody post some original designs or else i'm going to throw some food in a landfill.

Dec 28, 16 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
I don't need post anything let alone answer to someone like you.

Stick with your 3-month community college trade certification and leave the more difficult things to the rest.
Dec 28, 16 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

if you went to school, think of the HOURS u wasted stooping to the level of a dolt, an IMBICIL!

Dec 28, 16 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Slow day in the unemployment line?

· 
RTVSkaarchitecture

You be nothing without any1 willing to undertake your project, crumbum.

· 
RTVSkaarchitecture

if you did those projects, you stooped to the level of the quanta

Dec 28, 16 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

ok Non-sequiter, i'll leave it up to you.  Isn't there a story where Atlas is crushed by a world he wasn't able to hold?  So he started bitching about all the things he "could" do, but it turns out they weren't things that contributed to his muscles.

Dec 28, 16 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Must be Sneaky, it must be. Too bad for us they have free wifi so that wankers can express their hipster angst.

RV, for the record, I have just about a hundred million dollars worth of construction in progress at the moment and several more 100s in te works for next 2 years.
Dec 28, 16 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

I'm not scared of you, you fucking moron.  My name's Robert Clinton Soley and I am not one bit scared of you.

Dec 28, 16 12:47 pm  · 
 · 

So let me get this straight ... your upset because they dropped you from a class. A class you didn't like and stopped attending. Now you realize that you need the class in order to become licensed in CA. So your solution to the problem is to earn a welding certification and become an electrician so you can gather all the welders and electricians together and strike because you think you can make architecture that stands up better than what we are currently making.

How does that make sense?

Dec 28, 16 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

u didn't get it straight.

Dec 28, 16 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

I was learning that stuff to be a better architect when i was

Dec 28, 16 12:53 pm  · 
 · 

please straighten me out then

Dec 28, 16 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

you realize you have a crown picture next to your name?  the image of imperialism.  with a pike point?  so let me guess--you intend to rule and you intend to rule by force.  and you intend to stop me from going on strike by pretending you didn't understand? Dufusy.

Dec 28, 16 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

You people bore me.

Dec 28, 16 12:59 pm  · 
 · 

Yes, I'm an imperialist pikey. Can you not feel my force emanating from your computer screen stopping you from going on strike?

· 

"You people bore me."

See, my plan worked already.

· 
RTVSkaarchitecture

How do you intend to manifest your force?

Dec 28, 16 1:00 pm  · 
 · 

"How do you intend to manifest your force?"

Step 1: get you to explain your plan, i.e. straighten me out.

Dec 28, 16 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

goddamn, you r retarded.

Dec 28, 16 1:03 pm  · 
 · 

It's ok. Start from the beginning and lay it out logically. I know it sounds tough ... but believe in yourself and you can do it. I'd believe in you too, but so far your comments make me skeptical that you can achieve logical thought patterns. 

Dec 28, 16 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

Look at yourself.  You've made it obvious.  I got you to say it, god's excrement.  I just took pictures of this thread!

Dec 28, 16 1:10 pm  · 
 · 

You're right, I am good looking ... it is obvious. I don't remember saying that

Dec 28, 16 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

READ THE LATEST EDIT of mine.

Dec 28, 16 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

You're nothing and you know it.

Dec 28, 16 1:15 pm  · 
 · 

the one about the pictures or the excrement?

Dec 28, 16 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

hahahahhahahahahha dooooooooomed

Dec 28, 16 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
kjdt

There is no such thing as a class that is "required to become an architect in California".  California doesn't require any architecture school at all to become a licensed architect.  If you can't deal with school, go work in the profession for the number of years required, take the exams, and be an architect.  There are no rules stopping you.

Dec 28, 16 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
This is great. West cost koz?
Dec 28, 16 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

Koz. I've never thought you were a troll, this guy on the other hand... 

If he's not, I'd love to see this perpetual motion machine of his. 

Dec 28, 16 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

RT, it sounds like completely typical first year design studio, where they start training you to see shades of gray (while also showing you that different people see things differently), to follow concrete instructions like "design a box that is missing 50% of a face but still appears as a box", and to discuss some of the deeper ideas behind design. Those are important skills to know when you get into professional practice, so it's not wasted effort. Some classes you don't need to attend (I skipped almost all of my college math classes and still passed the courses) but design studio is one you have to attend because the things you are learning are not conducive to a written exam.

If the instructions are too touchy-feely for you, you should change to engineering or another more concrete field. 

Dec 28, 16 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
randomized

"randomized must be a commie" 

Are you trying to insult me? Try again, try harder...

Dec 28, 16 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

Sounds like all these first year studio activities have not only jump started your creative thought process, they actually over heated it a bit as well, jeeeeeez.

Dec 28, 16 5:20 pm  · 
 · 

Man, I love dumpster fires.

Dec 28, 16 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Feel the warmth.
Dec 28, 16 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

there's nothing wrong with being an electrician.  listen to the people who try to teach you, work hard, and do a good job.  you'll be able to earn a decent income and build a good life for yourself.  education and the debt that comes with it might not be for you.

Dec 28, 16 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

TOO MANY BAD DRUGS

Dec 28, 16 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Dec 29, 16 12:28 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Sounds like you need to get through school using alternative methods. Learn to give good blow jobs and you might make it ok. The good news is that it doesn't even have to be that good, if you suck at it, well, that's ok.

Dec 29, 16 2:24 am  · 
 · 
randomized

So Bobby, if that's really you, I would keep your temper in check and calm the "f"down, before you violate your parole...

Dec 29, 16 4:23 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: