Archinect
anchor

i know its 1:30 am, portfolio critique MLA 2017 ( BFA BACKGROUND)

yaxinyang

Hi everyone,

I was struggled about by portfolio, if someone could spare some time to give me some advice, will be very helpful. any advice.  

background: (BFA) School of art institute of Chicago

GRE:323 

Thanks a lot

Yaxin

http://issuu.com/yaxinyang/docs/yaxin_portfolio_2016_1_st/1

Nov 16, 16 10:28 am
archietechie

Hi Yaxin, hope this helps:

Pg 2 - Would benefit if you follow standard CV templates that includes: Personal/Education/Experience etc. If possible also remove Interior architecture major in your bio, your projects demonstrate alot of architectural knowledge that it'd be a waste to narrow your aptitude down to interior.

Pg 4/5 - Leave spacing, use grids for image arrangement

Pg 7 - Again, grids

Pg 11 - Use a different north sign, preferably an architectural standard one; site plan can be improved

Pg 12 - Don't blur edges of entourage, use opacity instead with PS motion blur

Pg 13 - Include scales and scale bars; and I'd arrange for the renders to be above and all elevations to be at the bottom of the page

Pg 14 - Standardize ALL scales of floor plans, otherwise create parti diagrams to highlight specific information. Again, scalebars

Pg 17 - Nice drawing, enlarge it

Pg 19, 23 - See final points

Pg 21 - Again, grids

Pg 24, 26 - You used grids here but for other images, see final points

Final points - There doesn't seem to be a consistent layout throughout the folio. My advise is to adopt the grid method, isolate your images (some were just awkwardly placed in corners that bleed to edges, some weren't). Same goes for your text, so look through issuu for successful portfolios and pick a few good points to start off.

Nov 16, 16 10:51 am  · 
 · 
x intern
Page 5 is a nice image. Rest looks like all the others. If your using to find job I wouldn't get too worked up over it.
Nov 16, 16 10:59 am  · 
 · 
yaxinyang

thanks a lot, they are really helpful

Nov 16, 16 11:44 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: