Archinect
anchor

March I Portfolio -advice on what to include?

jendyedge

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of applying to M.arch I programs for next fall. Reading through other forum posts and responses, there seems to be a wide variety of potential projects one can include in their portfolio (for non-architecture undergrads) to show their creativity. 

I studied Urban Planning in undergrad and plan to include one or two of my main projects which also show some of my relatable design ability (with Adobe CS and Sketchup). I am also planning on including some of my hand sketches and rendering work of things like glue guns and chess pieces for which I used Adobe CS, Rhino 3D and Keyshot. The renderings are from my minor that overlapped with the industrial design program at my school.

While I believe the above projects will be a good start, I read on the university websites and from forums it is a good idea to include a wide variety of types of work. 

My question is what types of other work should I include? I have tons of random work and was wondering if I can get an opinion on what (if any) of the types of projects I have done could be good things to include. 

Some types of projects: 

-Hand-dyed textiles such as tapestries, sewn bags, quilted work

-Metal Jewelry such as silver rings with resin and enamel and riveted decorative pins

-Screen prints, etchings and paintings/drawings (many of which are of nature, not architecture related)

Another thing I have done that I have been considering including is illustrations I tattooed on fruit like melons and oranges with my tattoo gun. I know this in really weird but I'm considering it because it might catch the eye of those reviewing my portfolio. The only reason I would include these is to show my creative ability with varying media. Is this to strange/far out there?

Any and all advice is helpful! 

Nov 13, 16 7:44 pm
jendyedge

Thanks for the link! I did see your post and it is helpful in helping me get a better grasp on expectations. Looking at ISSUU has been great too.

Nov 14, 16 4:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: