Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Critique - For Masters admission (Fall 2017)

yoooogesh

Hey All!

I was wondering if someone could spare some time assessing my portfolio which I did almost a year back for my Internship and let me know what changes are necessary. Though I have analyzed a few changes like the layout, color, fonts, composition, etc. I'd like to hear from you too. 

Interested Universities: UCB, G.Tech, UTA, Parsons (I am also considering British Columbia and University of Toronto in Canada)
Interested specialization: MUD or M.Arch (Would you suggest dual degree?)

https://issuu.com/yoooogesh/docs/portfolio_yogesh

Since I am applying for UD, I was also planning to include this in my portfolio which we did this semester.

http://issuu.com/yoooogesh/docs/urban_design

Also, I'd like to know what are the possibilities of me getting into those universities. I have 5 months of Internship in the US (HDR Architecture) which is not mentioned in my portfolio. 

Thanks in advance! :)

Nov 10, 16 8:18 am
Non Sequitur

way.... way too cluttered.  Images are too small, too numerous, and too simplistic.

Drop the cutsey resume, table of content, thank you page.  Drop the filler diagrams and cut the text by 90%. Use full bleed, large images, and white space to guide people through the work.

Nov 10, 16 8:45 am  · 
 · 
34er3

Is there like a template people are using to stuff as much images in a page for a portfolio or something.  I've seen this type of layout for an architecture portfolio more times than I care to see. 

Nov 10, 16 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

honestly, once is too many times.

Nov 10, 16 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
Ose Etomi

just my opinion,

There is way too much text you shouldn't have more than a bullet point worth of information for each page. and headings for relevant drawings.

As stated by others there are too many images. for example pg 12 you have 3 different perspective views, pick one and privilege it, it will make it more impactfull.

You have too large of a colour range. On that same page 12, the elevations should be on a simple white background.

Don't put in a screenshot of a grasshopper script, thats a huge no. you have that you can use it on your cv and thats enough.

Personally I wouldn't put in a CV but if you must I'd put it at the end

Nov 10, 16 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
Spoons

Same old rant:

Why must everyone put PORTFOLIO in the largest font possible on the front cover? Do you think whoever finds it will be confused as to what it is?  

New stuff:

In general a portfolio, especially for graduate school, is an opportunity to craft a body of your best work that communicates what has propelled you to study architecture and what your interests are.  A portfolio should feel like a thoughtful designed object   It's not just to display every single scrap of work you have done or your skill level in grasshopper, it's meant  to communicate your perspective.  

I think you need to understand that before you start to just reorganize a page or two.  

Nov 10, 16 9:13 pm  · 
 · 

Hello yoooogesh 
I've looked through your portfolios and i guess you're gonna need to resize the fonts, and less texts in general
__

I was wondering if anyone can do the same with my portfolio as i failed to meet the criteria of studio lynn past September and I guess i will apply again next February I'm generally interested on these universities 
-IoA Studio Lynn
-ITKE - ICD 
I already couldn't apply for delft, 
If anyone knows any other Architectural Computation master program that is affordable "not UCL as they fees are sky rocketing" let me know as well. 

https://issuu.com/khaliltareq/docs/the_portfolio_final_to_print 

Thanks! 

Nov 14, 16 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
yoooogesh

Thank you very much for all those valuable inputs, guys!

I'm working on all those comments, and soon will be uploading the new version. :)

Nov 15, 16 3:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: