Archinect
anchor

Looking for Portfolio Critique

konradkt

Hi all!

Currently I am on the process of applying grad school. Hoping to get accepted next year.

Right now I am working on my portfolio and want to get some feedback.

Any comments are appreciated~

Here is the link to my portfolio:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Qs9CCdJGDJZWlDTXZjVlQzWmM/view?usp=sharing

Many Thanks!

Nov 10, 16 10:29 am
archietechie

It could benefit a little by thinning the lineweights. Otherwise it's really good and unique, especially so with the layouts, not the traditional white space/organized approach

Nov 10, 16 11:41 am  · 
 · 

Yep - work on lineweights, maybe a little more initial process stuff. You're well on your way.

Nov 10, 16 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
34er3

I think PDFs are tricky online, never know if that stupid feature "Enhance Thin lines" is on.  I know in Issuu I had to change some of my drawings as jpg instead of pdfs since the lines all looked thick even if they were different line weights in illustrator. 

Nov 11, 16 9:53 pm  · 
 · 
archietechie

I turned off that option and still they are rather thick.

Nov 12, 16 3:50 am  · 
 · 
konradkt

Thanks guys...I will work on my lineweights

Also I am adding a couple more renderings and I will post the updated one later

Nov 13, 16 7:13 am  · 
 · 
Bay Bee

The following is not related to the architectural design, which looks interesting, but only the portfolio. 1 Less is more (page layout) 2. Let it breathe 3. I am not finding an unifying idea for the organization and proportions.

Nov 13, 16 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
konradkt

Thanks for your input Bay Bee.

For the first point, do you mean putting less drawing onto a page?

Secondly, I am not quite understand what do you mean by let it breathe. Do you mean having more white space between drawings?

And for the third comment, I tried to have the same order of drawing for each project. I guess that's not too obvious.

Also I am editing of PS right now, and I want to have some feedback as well. Would you guys mind to take a look?

Thanks!

Nov 14, 16 4:12 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: