Archinect
anchor

portfolio Critique, if anyone is interested

linhou

hi people:

Still, work on my GRE, which I don't think I can get any better. I am applying to GSD, Yale, Berkley this year. I worked very hard on my portfolio. here is the link:

https://issuu.com/linhou/docs/lin_drafted_4_portfolio

Any helpful advice will be highly appreciated.  

Oct 27, 16 9:40 pm
Beepbeep

Looks good but you may wan to add a 'strong' safety school just in case you do no get into the above programs which admit about 7-19%.

Oct 27, 16 10:53 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

Is it typical to put a resume in a portfolio for a school now?

Agreed with Beepbeep. Seems pretty solid on first glance, but there is still a reasonable chance you don't get admitted into any of those three schools. And if you are taking out loans you might get a better deal...

Oct 27, 16 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
linhou

Thank you Beepbeep and natematt, I will apply Cornell, UPenn, and CMU as well. I have already known that I will get in CMU and UPen since I am in Univeristy of Pittsburgh, and the directors really want our students. One of my committees is UPenn professor. Still, try to get in the top schools. 

I got few fellowships and honor defense for my research project and teaching assistant for twice. One of my recommenders is GSD alumnus. I don't know any of this helps. And most importantly, my GRE is really bad, which I am really worried about. it is even not close to the average. 

I am not worried to0much about the tuition. If I get some schlorship, which is great, but if I don't, if is fine, I didn't see if it will effect the application decision. I thought we will apply for the scholarship after we submit our application. 

Any other suggestions? go back to study my GRE

Oct 28, 16 1:56 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: