Archinect
anchor

M.Arch 1 or M.arch 2

Adam8023

Hello all, 

I have a bachelor degree through a five-year program but not from a US school. I live in US right now so I decided to get a Master degree instead of just getting EESA evaluation. I have two options right now; either I apply for a post professional, 3 semesters, program or the regular 3 years M.Arch 1. 

All my work experience was outside the US; terminology and communications were in foreign language. Also all building codes and regulations I was trained to use are foreign and designed for arid climates. Even worse the school in which I studied architecture was simply crap. So I'm thinking of starting fresh and applying for the M.Arch 1 to get the whole educational background of an American student. What do you think ? 

Jun 21, 16 5:23 pm
tduds

What do you want out of the program? M.Arch 1 is typically more research based, and your thesis will almost definitely be in the form of a paper. M.Arch 2 is a design degree with a design project.

Typically.

Jun 21, 16 5:31 pm  · 
 · 
matdez6

But thats is the actual difference between both? in terms of how many people they accept per program, and what requirements do you need to meet ? Would it be easier to get into an M.Arch I ( with previous architectural background) than an M.arch II ? Also i think you cannot get qualified with a Part II?

Jun 21, 16 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Would it be easier to get into an M.Arch I ( with previous architectural background) than an M.arch II?

No.

Also i think you cannot get qualified with a Part II?

False.

Jun 21, 16 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
skaa

Hello, can you please elaborate on the qualification part? Thank you

Dec 8, 19 7:30 am  · 
 · 
juju1992

I am not sure if I follow, correct me if I am wrong but they will probably not accept you if you have a 5 year bachelor degree and still apply to M. Arch I. That wouldn't look good for you anyways.

Dec 11, 19 3:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: