Archinect
anchor

M.Arch 1 or M.arch 2

Adam8023

Hello all, 

I have a bachelor degree through a five-year program but not from a US school. I live in US right now so I decided to get a Master degree instead of just getting EESA evaluation. I have two options right now; either I apply for a post professional, 3 semesters, program or the regular 3 years M.Arch 1. 

All my work experience was outside the US; terminology and communications were in foreign language. Also all building codes and regulations I was trained to use are foreign and designed for arid climates. Even worse the school in which I studied architecture was simply crap. So I'm thinking of starting fresh and applying for the M.Arch 1 to get the whole educational background of an American student. What do you think ? 

Jun 21, 16 5:23 pm
tduds

What do you want out of the program? M.Arch 1 is typically more research based, and your thesis will almost definitely be in the form of a paper. M.Arch 2 is a design degree with a design project.

Typically.

Jun 21, 16 5:31 pm
matdez6

But thats is the actual difference between both? in terms of how many people they accept per program, and what requirements do you need to meet ? Would it be easier to get into an M.Arch I ( with previous architectural background) than an M.arch II ? Also i think you cannot get qualified with a Part II?

Jun 21, 16 6:15 pm
tduds

Would it be easier to get into an M.Arch I ( with previous architectural background) than an M.arch II?

No.

Also i think you cannot get qualified with a Part II?

False.

Jun 21, 16 7:44 pm
skaa

Hello, can you please elaborate on the qualification part? Thank you

juju1992

I am not sure if I follow, correct me if I am wrong but they will probably not accept you if you have a 5 year bachelor degree and still apply to M. Arch I. That wouldn't look good for you anyways.

Dec 11, 19 3:43 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: