Archinect
anchor

Pratt or Virginia Tech (B.Arch)

irenechou

Hello everyone

I am an international student from Taiwan and I have been accepted to Pratt Institute, Virginia Tech, Penn State University, Syracuse University, Iowa State University, and University of Oregon's B.Arch program. I am currently torn between the first two.

I love Pratt because of its location in NYC, the museums, galleries and so many other things omg. And they offer students a lot of opportunities to take some other applied art courses becuase its industrial design also has a really top ranking. that attracts me a lot because i am so fond of those things. Pratt also has a study-in-Rome program in 3th or 4th grade but it seems to be a bit competitve, i heard that only fewer than 40 students can go per semester. But Pratt is a bit too small, and i heard many people saying the administration staff are not very friendly and they charge for everything. btw Pratt gives me scholorship so the total cost would be something same as that if I go to VT.

I am also attracted to Virginia Tech becase their strong technology background. I believe that it's really important for architecture students to have a strong science and tech basement for their further study. And VT has a lor of study abroad and travel programs, it's really great. The campus is huge and students variety is so good. And VT is very high ranked for many years. Their students are one of the groups that companies love to employ.

I am so torn right now and hope that some people from these schools can give me some thoughts, experience, and advice!

THANK YOU

Apr 12, 16 10:18 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: