Archinect
anchor

MLA decision - gut assessments? (UPenn vs UTSOA)

mwilliam

3-year programs:

UPenn 35k per (14k scholarship)

UT Austin 9k per (13k scholarship)

Can't tell if I'm crazy for thinking this is a tough call; too much overthinking. What's your gut say?

Apr 11, 16 11:57 am
Dangermouse

Austin @ 3 years for ~ 5/8 the $$$ of 1 year at Penn.

No question

Apr 11, 16 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Plus there is a lot more going on in growing, exuberant Austin as opposed to dying, decaying Philly with it's horrendous crime rate.

Apr 12, 16 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
mwilliam

The $100,000 question: will $400 monthly loan payments close the doors that the UPenn education/degree would open?  ~_~

Apr 14, 16 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
redribbon

dispite this thread being old i thought i would add my 2 cents.

i applied to a wide range of schools: UPenn, UW, Colorado-Denver, and CPP. I received early admittance into Penn and am going to accept without waiting for other responses. my reasoning is that the doors that Penn will open up are stupid, their resources are vast and reach is unmeasurable. yes the financial burden is rough but you gotta think about the long term advantages of having acclaimed landscape architects vouching for you (Weller, Olin, Mathur, John Dixie Hunt, etc). just saying. 

Mar 4, 21 3:14 pm  · 
2  · 
The_Crow

Do you want to do star-powered international work? I'd go to U-Penn. Do you want to do really nice second homes/ranches around Texas? I'd go to Austin. 

Mar 4, 21 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
The_Crow

Funny enough the U-Penn dean was dean at Austin prior ha. 

Mar 4, 21 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

The power of ivy league credentials in the USA shouldn't be underestimated.  The willingness of employers and clients to hand opportunities to ivy grads has been a real surprise to me over the years.

Mar 4, 21 6:01 pm  · 
3  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: