Archinect
anchor

Waitlist Problems

db1234
Hello everyone,
Thank you in advance for reading about another students admission anxiety. I have been accepted to UCLA (no financial aid info yet) and Parsons (30% tuition scholarship). Because I believe UCLA is the superior program and I have grown up and did undergrad in NYC, UCLA is the easy choice for me. I have also been waitlisted at Yale and PennDesign, and was interested to hear from people here about my chances of getting off the waitlist at Yale. Yale's M. Arch I curriculum, faculty, and student work is my preferred choice, and I have made this clear to the admissions faculty. However, I am unsure if my efforts are pointless or if I should still have a slight glimmer of hope. Has anyone ever heard of people getting off of the waitlist at Yale with financial aid? And advice or sharing of personal stories would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Mar 17, 16 9:56 am
Fivescore

People occasionally get in off the wait list at Yale, and when they do they're eligible for the same need-based grants as others.  There are some merit-based grants that go to a few top picks - wait list people wouldn't get those.

Cautions:  1. In some years nobody gets in from the wait list.  2. some spots open up very late, sometimes as late as mid summer, when an admitted student or two change their minds about enrolling.  I don't know what the current policy is about divulging this info, but it wouldn't hurt to call and ask if the school can tell you how many are currently on the wait list, and your rank on it. (If they'll give you that info and you find out you're not in the top five or so then I'd think your chances are very slim.)

Mar 17, 16 11:14 am  · 
 · 
db1234
@threesleeve thanks for your input, unfortunately Yale will not disclose any info about their waitlist and they told me I also likely will not be notified (if at all) until after the April 15th commitment deadline for all schools. Going to visit UCLA next week and most likely put my deposit down there. Seems like it will take a small miracle to get into Yale with aid at this point. Thanks for your help!
Mar 17, 16 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
Having college problems? I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a wait list ain't one.

You probably can't go wrong with any of the schools you have listed.
Mar 17, 16 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
db1234
Thanks HOV.
Mar 17, 16 5:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: