Archinect
anchor

Graduate school scholarships, grants, etc.

hsk880

Hi,

I am applying for graduate school later this year in December.
Looking at acceptance threads are making me envy and a bit anxious.
I am pretty much reading everything on here related to grad school admission.

I have a silly question about paying graduate school.
Do schools give you scholarship, grants and etc. after reviewing your application or do you have to apply separately? Is there a section in the applications about your financial background for scholarship and grants?

I tried looking but I couldn't find much info on it.
Any tips on paying for graduate school?
I already have loans from undergrad and I am trying to keep 'em expanding...

Thank you guys in advance!

Mar 16, 16 12:35 am
AstridCam

Each school may offer different scholarships or grants (some schools offer diversity scholarships, dean's scholarships, etc) so the best thing would be to check with the schools you're interested in applying - email their financial aid office- and ask any questions you may have about this. From what I've gathered, some schools have a separate financial aid/scholarship form you fill out when you are applying, it comes inside your online application or it may be a separate application, in addition to the FAFSA application you also have to fill out by the due date. 

You can also check the Petersons website for outside scholarship/grants/fellowships. You apply to this independently of your gradschool application and the process varies according to each institution.

Some schools also offer merit-based scholarships at the time of admission. 

Hope this helps :)

Mar 16, 16 10:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: