Archinect
anchor

major

madiepauley

majoring in landscape architecture, planning on going to grad school for arch or environmental arch. opinions please?

Mar 15, 16 11:07 am
Non Sequitur

I prefer pumpkin pie even when it's not seasonal. It's simply the best pie.

Any other opinions you might be interested in?

Mar 15, 16 11:49 am  · 
 · 
Disagree. Apple pie all day everyday.

My thought would be if you go into Arch, then you can get licensed in both an allow an employer to potentially keep some consultant fees in house. Could work to your benefit (if you negotiate it right)
Mar 15, 16 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
anonitect

I really like sweet potato pie but not pumpkin, even though I know that they pretty much taste the same. Weird, huh? I guess that'd I'd probably pick apple, though, if those were the choices.

Either grad option would be totally reasonable, depending on your career goals.

Mar 15, 16 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

apple pie is just so boring.

Mar 15, 16 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

apple pie is delicious. 

have you tried strawberry rhubarb pie?  that stuff is awesome if you're ever looking for something new.

also, happy day after pi day.  getting into some big rounding errors now.

Mar 15, 16 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I hate rhubarb.

Give me lemon-cherry as a pumpkin substitute if you must.

I know I'm late on the whole pie-day but I was too busy yesterday and I am sad at the missed opportunity.

Mar 15, 16 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

i wonder if that's a canadian thing.  maybe they just don't prepare rhubarb right up there?  could be one of those metric differences.  if you're ever traipsing through iowa, which i'm sure happens often, you should stop by here and pick up a rhubarb pie just to see how it's supposed to be done:

http://www.amanacolonies.com/city/amana-colonies/listing/ox-yoke-inn/

Mar 15, 16 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Curt, I am interested in knowing what sort of life event would bring me to Iowa.

Mar 15, 16 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

well, there is baconfest.  i believe there is a large butter sculpture at the iowa state fair.  pretty exciting stuff.

Mar 15, 16 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

... bacon fest?

Excuse me while I revise my office's vacation planner.

Mar 15, 16 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Do they have Bacon pie at bacon fest?

Mar 15, 16 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

something like this?

if they don't, they should.

Mar 15, 16 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
madiepauley

I posted this because I'm concerned about my schooling and needed help so thank you for wasting my time!

Mar 16, 16 11:10 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

you're welcome

Mar 16, 16 11:15 am  · 
 · 
geezertect

madie:  haven't you looked at any previous threads?  This subject has been beaten to death. 

Mar 16, 16 11:40 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

You know what subject can never be beaten to death? Pies!

Madie, what else did you expect? Next time, try and be a big girl and make decision without the use of general and lazy questions to a bunch pf strangers.

Mar 16, 16 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
Maxie - if you figure out your career goals, you'll find your answer.

Pie should never be beaten, only enjoyed.
Mar 17, 16 8:42 am  · 
 · 
geezertect

Banana cream pie!  You can't beat it.

Mar 17, 16 9:07 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^I'll raise you a coconut cream pie

Mar 17, 16 9:18 am  · 
 · 
madiepauley

if I would have found the answer I was looking for, I wouldn't have posted this

Mar 17, 16 9:50 am  · 
 · 
madiepauley

I was just wondering if it would be a beneficial bachelors because, as I have said in past posts of mine, there are certain reasons I can not take regular arch.

Mar 17, 16 9:53 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Hard to find answers when you don't have a clear and defined question.

Mar 17, 16 10:03 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

i don't see what your post has to do with pie madie.  thanks for derailing a perfectly good thread.

aside from that, haven't both NS and i suggested in those other threads that if you want to go to architecture school, you should go to architecture school?  why would our response be different this time?  what has changed?

go to fairmont state, get the unaccredited arch undergrad, apply to masters program, get march, make lots of money and be famous.  not that hard.

Mar 17, 16 10:08 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

+1 Curt.

On account of it being St Pattie's day, perhaps I can toss a savory Guinness pot-pie in the conversation mix:

Mar 17, 16 10:52 am  · 
 · 
geezertect

^  Yuch.  I would never eat a pie made by a Brit.  Those people eat kidneys for god sake, and you know what those things are full of.

Banana cream pie is veeerrrry  healthy.  Potassium.

Mar 17, 16 11:02 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: