Archinect
anchor

PENN DESIGN VS CORNELL (MARCH 1)

aspiringarch

Trying to decided between the two. Full ride at PennDesign vs. 14k a year for Cornell plus potentially more money. Is Cornell worth all the debt?

Mar 14, 16 2:51 pm
international_applicant

PennDesign for me. Good school, decent program. Dont go into debt for a slightly better ranking

Mar 14, 16 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
archeyarch

it don't matter

Mar 16, 16 10:47 pm  · 
 · 
londonfog

I am a senior architect graduate student.

If I were you I will never ask this and choose Penndesign without any hesitation.

I am sorry but I don't really understand guys questioning like this.

Fullride vs 14k/year?

Are you kidding? Do you really think Cornell is better than Penndesign?

Above all there is no difference when you get the job. And if you write on your resume that you "attended the school with full tuition granted" that can be a huge advantage.

Even if I were admitted Penn for full ride and GSD for14k/year I would definitely choose the Penn with full tuition. There is no worse choice than abandoning the full tuition. If you choose Cornell you will definitely deeply regret. Trust me. 

There is no difference among different architecture schools. I attended two IVY architecture schools and visited all the IVY architecture schools and have a lot of friends attending Princeton, GSD, YALE, PENN, CORNELL, BERKELEY....They have almost the same curricular 

In the architectural field, the name of school or background never helps you to get good jobs. Only your ability guarantees good jobs. And the portfolio represents your design ability. Do you think the schools can improve your portfolio? NO..........only you can improve your portfolio. For example when I were attending GSD I saw a lot of students I didn't understand how they were admitted to this school. I know some of them has excellent essay and some has excellent recommendation letter from GSD. But that only helps you to get in the school not to get the good jobs. If you were studying mathematics or history or anything theoretical study, school name or background is important to get the job. But in the field of art or design like architecture school name or background NEVER guarantee good jobs. That is why spending less money as you can is the most important thing while attending architecture schools......

Again,  if you choose Cornell you will definitely deeply regret in the future. Trust me. I am giving you the advice as an senior student.

Mar 16, 16 11:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: