Archinect
anchor

PennDesign / Frederick Steiner

enotnough

1) Looking back at previous posts on this site, people from a couple years ago said that Penn was going through a stage of transition after Winka Dubbeldam became the Chair of the architecture program. As a result, students were not always guaranteed exceptional faculty... What do current students think about this now? 

2) With the appointment of Frederick Steiner (from UT Austin) as the new Dean of PennDesign, what changes do you all think the school, and particularly the Architecture department, will go through in the next year or so? 

Thanks! 

Mar 10, 16 10:38 am
aspiringarch

I am trying to decide if I should go to Penn and I asked this same question to a current student. What I gathered is that the new Dean was elected by current students and faculty and apparently even Winka still forms part of this faculty so he was elected hoping he would continue Winka's vision and everything she started at Penn. 

Mar 16, 16 12:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: