Archinect
anchor

Columbia MSRED then work then LBS/HBS

Narcus

Hi guys,
I plan to work in Real Estate Sector, current after a 5 year Architecture degree, I am hoping to go for Ms.RED in Columbia followed by 5-6 years of working in family business of design and real estate consulting. Hopefully if life and logistics permit I plan to get a MBA from HBS or LBS at that point. Do you think this would be a wise move in general or very wasteful? 

Mar 9, 16 9:16 pm
Volunteer

Study the career of Roger Staubach, the former Dallas Cowboy quarterback. He has been very, very successful, provided careers for a lot of people in real estate development, and has a solid gold personal and business reputation. He hasn't done any of the things you have listed. His education was at the US Naval Academy where he won the Heisman Trophy and he was a supply officer in Vietnam before completing his obligation and going to the Cowboys. He gained his start in real estate by working with a highly-respected real estate developer in the off-season while still playing with the Cowboys.

Mar 9, 16 9:30 pm  · 
 · 
mdhuang94

It depends on what you want to do with an MBA. If you are planning to switch from RED to RE PE or to simply advance your RE career, I think an MBA would be a good opportunity to do so even with a MSRED. I know many people who get an MSRED right after undergrad and start out as analyst...then need an opportunity to change/advance their career so an MBA would make sense imo. 

Jul 23, 20 1:27 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: