Archinect
anchor

Barbecue Season Is Almost Here!

c.k.

ha, linton, you made my day
you know like they say, you could write a book about that!

Mar 8, 05 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
linton

Prepared tennis ball shrimp this weekend. Classic time had by all. More than ever, I am convinced of the validity and simple elegance of this meal!

Mar 30, 05 12:17 am  · 
 · 
rfuller

**bump**

So I finished moving into my new house yesterday, and summer school is over as of Friday. Its finally time to get some barbecuing done. Anyone got any good recipes that don't include an engine block? I'm already very familiar with the beer can chicken, and the beer can turkey. I'm more in the mood for a good fajita marinade. I just found one worth a try, thought I'd share it:

1 Orange, juiced
2 Limes, juiced
3 Tablespoons canola oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno, seeded & minced
1 Tablespoon cumin
1 Tablespoon salt
2 lbs flank steak
1 bottle kraft italian dressing

Mix marinade together in blender. Put 2lbs of flank steak in a gallon baggie with marinade and let soak over night.

Heat smoker to 225-250. Remove steak from bag. Let smoke for at least 2 hours. Mop with dressing every hour.

**Sorry its a smoker recipe. Does anyone else here use a wood smoker?

Aug 16, 07 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i cooked up some tuna steaks for tumbles and I a few days ago

Aug 16, 07 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

That's cool. Got any recipes for that? I've been using a salmon rub from William Sonoma with a drizzle of olive oil on my salmon steaks lately. It's divine.

Aug 16, 07 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
pebble

just dont leave the weenies on the bbq for too long or else they burn

Aug 16, 07 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
mfrech

that hot dog is a little horrifying. i don't like the seam between the completely charred and the undescribably pink.

i can't think about meat right now, i just made the first pesto of the summer from my backyard basil plants...it was amazing.

Aug 16, 07 9:28 pm  · 
 · 
pebble

apparently the guy felt no pain...wierd huh?

Aug 17, 07 11:58 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

that does not look like a hot dog to me...

Aug 17, 07 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

tumbles

I will be the one grilling your meat

Aug 17, 07 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

mdler

not while I'm there.....

Aug 17, 07 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

tumbles

I thought I have been doing a good job grilling your meat the past few nights....your mother has approved

Aug 17, 07 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

I'll have to try that tumbles. I'm all about the easy marinades 90% of the time. I soak my chicken in Kraft Italian Dressing overnight. For my hamburgers I just use a drizzle of Olive Oil and I sprinkle on Tony Catcher's Creole Seasoning. They have to cook a little longer with the olive oil, other wise they're greasy, but they come out cooked through so that your "well done crowd" is happy, but increadibly tender and juicy so your "medium rare" crowd is happy.

I bet LB has a great recipe for some grilled PB&J's.

Aug 20, 07 9:51 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: