Archinect
anchor

Short Break-The Cube Game

Zaina

.. since we're all architects here, I thought this game would be little bit fun :p :p

..so,,
you are asked to express the story I tell in one drawing.

think quietly and sketch what's in your imagination.

you walk alone in the desolate forest and you arrived to a cube...
(draw yourself finding the cube expressing the cube size and material, texture, color, etc)

... then you see a ladder
(sketch the ladder expressing its size and location according to the cube i.e near, far, leaning on the cube, embedded in the cube? its' color? texture?

... then you see a horse
(draw the horse, what's its distance from the cube? its' color? the impression it does give to you? is it tired? is it saddle?

... a storm blow
express how far it is from the cube? is it passing by or staying?

... then you notice the flowers
express their colors? how many? where in the drawing?

the submittal can be in form of a quick sketch, photoshop collage, quick rendering, anything that express yourself :p :p

looking forward seeing your sketches :p

Jan 28, 16 4:00 am
curtkram

not in order, but i have a picture of the horse!

turns out the cube was a horse stable in gangnam korea.

Jan 28, 16 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I saw the cube, but it was no cube... it was a mirrored sphere.

I picked it up and gazed into it deeply looking for a way to brave the snow storm.

I saw a reflection in the sphere but not of me. It was Steve Buscemi staring back at me.

I quickly escaped on horse-back trampling through my neighbour's flower patch.

Jan 28, 16 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
( o Y o )

Jan 28, 16 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

^ that's dope

Jan 28, 16 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
Zaina

^ interesting! 

tomorrow I'll tell you what it means :p

good night LOL

Jan 28, 16 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
( o Y o )

jla-x, that not dope, it's the first result of a google image search for cube ladder horse storm. 

Jan 28, 16 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

d[-_-]b's post proves one thing - without the internet it would be very hard to do the following sketch in 15 minutes.  it's amazing how close to your imagination and images on the internet can be.

Zaina, I read your post, imagined it on the subway, and then kicked this out on the bus ride home in about 15...

you may like this Lebbeus Woods post that got me going with modeling the imagination...

https://lebbeuswoods.wordpress.com/2011/12/19/fellinis-dreamwork/

obviously, recreating vision is something I'm into.

so what does this mean?

Jan 28, 16 8:35 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

might add this though, doing the story in one image, at least for me was not very accurate.

it was more like one of these images, since it's multiple snapshops over time

like Henri Bergson and cinema,

Jan 28, 16 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
Zaina

okay, this is a bit ridiculous ...but since you answered I'm gonna tell you what does your answer tell me about yourself based on:

LOL :P

curtkram-  you're introverted- not necessarily shy, you might have an ego ... ..... you can't commit to a relationship, and you have lots of sadist thoughts that you're afraid to show when you meet someone... you're strong and usually your life problems doesn't really make you upset. oh and you don't let your friends close... 

Non Sequitur - you aren't a perfectionist nor very critical about things, you accept yourself as a human being and forgive your mistakes... somehow you're realistic and honest, and when people get close to, they can predict your thoughts and feelings...your partner is an energetic and supporting person... when you face troubles you resort to  yourself to find a solution, but you can't do it without your partner next to you. 

d[-_-]b you like shortcuts

Olaf- you are who you are; accepting yourself, forgiving your mistakes, and trying to enjoy life as it is... people can look inside you if they get close , and they can see themselves somehow in you that's why they tend to like you... you have many friends and like to surround yourself with people... you like to give help but if they're asking for a big favor, you might not have the time or patience ... you're partner is healthy,pretty, and fertile, and is getting closer to you by time...
problems are really far from your life, but if they come close it would affect you, and you don't really know what you're going to do if troubles begin to invade your life.

p.s:  :P this was just a game :P :P but it have its solid basis in psychology... you can buy the book and re-interpret your pictures  :P Lol, sorry for fooling you into a personality test though it was related to architecture and human's imagination :P

Jan 29, 16 10:01 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

So now we're into horoscopes?

I'm still proud of my Buscemi photoshop.

Jan 29, 16 10:10 am  · 
 · 
JeromeS

I saw a reflection in the sphere but not of me. It was Steve Buscemi staring back at me.

I think it was RWCB-PBD staring back at you...

Jan 29, 16 11:14 am  · 
 · 
( o Y o )

d[-_-]b you like shortcuts

Nope, just my way of saying this is inane. But that pales next to Non's M.C. Balkins. 

Jan 29, 16 11:27 am  · 
 · 
poop876

Jerome, I was thinking the same thing!

Jan 29, 16 11:35 am  · 
 · 
Zaina

Na, psychology... but really it's just a sort of joke to me :P 

d[-_-]b No, saying this is inane would be by ignoring it, but you actually bothered yourself googling cube,ladder, horse storm... and saying that this inane means that you have no big things happening in your life and you're expecting much browsing the internet...... besides, preferring shortcuts could mean practicality which is a positive thing, so unless you're going to sketch sthg i'm gonna say you're a practical person... 

Lol...hey JeromeS poop876... why don't you share the others your cube? 

Jan 29, 16 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

Sorry - I don't know where I put it.  I drew it by hand...

8 1/2" x 11" sheet, landscape

Wooden cube very central - approximately half the height of the page.

Ladder leaned against cube

Storm cloud in the distance (left corner) not a full sky

Good looking horse some distance off from the cube

Flowers to the right of the cube, in the same plane of the cube as part of other vegetation.

I looked up the meanings - only thing I didn't find was the meaning of the flowers.

Jan 29, 16 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

what kind of horse?

apparently flowers mean your children?

Jan 29, 16 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

did the horse have a cape?

Jan 29, 16 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

bummer it hints at esoteric, which anything doing with imagination and vision often do, because the science is only catching up.....Steve Holl, Jean Nouvel do design excercises in similar ways, theh surrealists did same, and the neuroscience is getting there.....Huxley anyone? collage city-colin rowe?

Jan 29, 16 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
Zaina

I know...such exercises should be practiced at school for freshman students... I remember my first day in architecture, the teacher came and provide us with a list of tool we must buy- it was terrible. the 2nd day he asked to copy a plan!! :@... I could be a better tutor...   

JeromeS... alright, you just said by describing your image that you're a warm, strong person... you see yourself as part of a group or multiple groups, your friends are somehow dependent on you and you find them around when you are in trouble... troubles doesn't really affect your life and your partner is good looking but not really close to you; you like (him/her) because they're good looking.

Jan 30, 16 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
Isn't this what pick up artists ask the ladies?
Jan 30, 16 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
Zaina

is it? thank you, but I don't like ladies... LOL

Jan 30, 16 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

chicks dig esoteric! (romantic bullshit)

Jan 30, 16 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

have you tried zaina?  maybe you'd like ladies more if you gave it a sincere effort, or maybe you just haven't met the right lady yet?

Jan 30, 16 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
Zaina

^ ok shutup all of you! obviously this isn't any of those romantic bullshit Lol... 

Olaf- for real?! that's an embarrassment .. see your friend curt what crap he/she is saying to me now :P take it back please 

Curt- No! shutup Lol... i'm straight. what the heck! ... meant to say i wasn't interested...  

Jan 31, 16 8:32 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Jan 31, 16 10:05 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: