Archinect
anchor

Master of Architecutre studies Sweden. KTH, Lund or Chalmers ?!

Samar H

Hi all,

I am a graduate architect from Sudan. I want to apply for master degree in Architecture in Sweden. I was wondering if you can advice me which university should I apply to as a priority from your experience and knowledge. I am a little confused between KTH, Lund & Chalmers.

I was planning at first to apply at KTH as a first priority but after I came across an article (http://www.thelocal.se/20131219/stockholm-has-swedens-worst-architecture-school ) that is low crediting the university, I changed my mind, although it is highly ranked in architecture according to qs world rank.

Lund seems to be very good, but it has the highest number of students. Which means I will have a less chance of being accepted & getting a scholarship since tuition fee is so high for me.

Chalmers seems good and I like the program structure, but am not sure how they are addressing the Urban design part, since it is an MSC in architecture & urban design.

I would like to get an idea from the inside perhaps an alumni or an architect from Sweden would advice me best.

So if you can please give me your ranking as 1 , 2, 3 and why you think it is best ?!

I am more interested in the design process and conceptual thinking, rather than technical aspects and sustainability.

Will be waiting for your feedback

Thanks

Samar

Jan 13, 16 2:59 pm
Samar H

Hi Guys ! Any one's Advice plz !!

Jan 14, 16 11:29 am  · 
1  · 
niloofaraghili

Oh I have got the same issue. What did you decide finally?

Jun 5, 20 7:16 am  · 
 · 
sofia_1694

Honestly all three schools are excellent choices, and pretty much equally hard getting into. KTH is slightly harder as most international people want to study in Stockholm, as it is the most famous city in Sweden. Among Swedish students I would probably say Lund is the hardest, as they are known for the best student life and parties. If you choose to work in Sweden after your studies it will not matter which school you went to. Chalmers is the most technical school and the oldest out of the three architecture schools, whereas the other two are more artsy. So if I were you, I would choose a school based on your personal preferences and interests, and not ranking as it really doesn't matter. 

All three schools are great if you want a rich student life, fun exchanges, and are located in great cities/regions with good employment opportunities. I studied my masters at Chalmers and I loved my experience there and would definitely recommend the university. Not to be biased but Sweden's most famous architect Gert Wingårdh and youtuber PewDiePie went to Chalmers, in addition to the school being in close proximity to all three Scandinavian capitals is an added bonus! ;) 

Jul 19, 20 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
Jaetten

Not from experience with the Universities, but Goteborg is a fantastic city. Home of the greatest music genre on earth! (Where we're going next year, but I'm not studying). There are some good architectural practices there too, so if you intend on staying in Sweden after study it'd be a good option as you would have gained a few contacts. Also, it rains a lot.

Jul 26, 20 11:19 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: