Archinect
anchor

Oregon masters program - help

SamP

I am interested in a masters program in arch or interior arch.

How is orgeons reputation?

How many applicants and how many accepted in each program. How hard is it to get admission as a male in either program? I see that there are very few men in the Interior program does this mean I have a better or worse chance as a male for acceptance.

What else can anyone tell me about the admission process or program, Gre scores? etc.

Sorry for such a basic post I am just considering applying to the program. Thanks

Feb 14, 05 8:44 pm
ampm

as with anything, it depends what you want in the long term.

oregon used to have a good national reputation, maybe in the midnineties or so. as far as gender is concerned, it probably doesnt matter. they seem to accept at a 50/50 rate, or at least 50/50 applies. if you are coming in at the 3 year program level, all of you are put together for the first 2 or three terms anyway, interiors and exteriors.

you also have the option to study in eugene or portland, both which have their pros and cons. eugene has more resources, dialog, etc, portland is a more exciting city and more access to working professionals.

its sort of a crapshoot who gets in, but the classes have been getting bigger every year. some people in the program are near geniuses, others,...well....
one thing i noticed is that many folks who got in, at least in the 3 year program have interesting past lives. there is really no info out there regarding ratios of acceptance/rejection. i think they also look for who will be a good contributor to the academic community, i.e. excited about the program and the extracurriculars and raring to get in there and be a part of it all. the 3 year class who is graduating this year seem to be that way and have good relationships with the faculty and each other. on the other hand, the pass/fail option can work against you, as with the "its all good" attitude many people have.

if you have any more specific questions or more questions about the program in general, you can email me.

Feb 23, 05 11:36 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: