Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Cover - Minimal or Statement?

ShakeyDeal

Any thoughts/advice on portfolio cover design?

I see two options in the matter:

1. Minimal - Solid color, name, etc.

I like this as it does not try at all to make a statement or first impression, but it says something about the quality of the work that may be found inside by not competing with it.

2. Statement - A solid presentation render, photo, or abstraction and typography glyphs (like { // :: || etc.).

This seems to be the more common route. It makes a bold first impression.

I suppose both options are effective, its just personal preference.  Thoughts? (Portfolio is for landscape arch position).

Dec 31, 15 12:23 pm
no_form
Write "portfolio" in as big of a typeface as you can find.

But really, just do what you like. You are your own salesman. Fuck what everyone else does.
Jan 1, 16 12:27 am  · 
 · 

Make it look like a landscape architect's portfolio. Look at the book covers in your collection and websites you like and if you can't tell this is a landscape architecture book or website or portfolio then something maybe missing. I don't know if that is a nice image of a project or a sketch but make it look like a landscape architect designed the book or website from page one not JUTS a graphic designer.

Jan 1, 16 1:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: