Archinect
anchor

Cornell portfolio requirements

I am having a hard time understanding Cornell's portfolio file requirements. The website says "horizontal/ landscape format" and 20 page limit. The upload website, SlideRoom has an additional sentence that says "do NOT submit a 2-page spread as 1 page". It upload each page as a separate pdf. 

My portfolio layout which i am submitting to other schools is set so that individual pages are in portrait format and spreads are landscape. I don't know whether the limit applies to pages or spreads. I don't know if I should upload each individual page or a "horizontal" page, which would be a spread to  me. 

Anyone else applying here? What did you submit?

Thanks

Dec 30, 15 12:01 pm
SpatialSojourner

I had my portfolio set up as two portrait oriented 8 1/2" x11"s  side-by-side and so I changed my inDesign to be 11"x17"   and submitted the spread as one page so 20 spreads... This was last year and I was accepted, if this helps. Also, last year was strange where you had to upload exactly 20 items... so I had to come up with some extra pages... they might have fixed that. 

Dec 30, 15 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
Dangermouse

I don't know why you're uploading each page as a separate PDF; I'm looking at the interface right now and it doesn't say anything about facing pages or uploading things as individual files

Dec 30, 15 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
ncsy

I have an additional question - should the table of contents be uploaded as one sheet as well?

Dec 30, 15 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
ArchInspired

A similar question: is cover page still needed? 

As for the number of pages, I think uploading 20 11"x17"-ish spreads should be fine. 

Dec 30, 15 9:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: