Archinect
anchor

M.ARCH 1 Portfolio Critique Requested

RazanALT

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I wanted to post my portfolio for feedback from all you fine folks. 

http://issuu.com/razanalt/docs/gatechportfolio

My background is in IT so I attended Career Discovery this past summer. I then enrolled in an Interior Design and a Furniture Design / Woodworking course for additional portfolio material. 

Also I'm interested in tech-oriented programs but all of my work is hand drawn or hand constructed. I'm hoping this isn't too much a negative but I didn't want to half-ass some Sketch-up renderings. Thoughts?

For context I am applying to GA Tech, VA Tech, MIT, Yale, University of Michigan and Princeton.

Thanks in advance!!

Razan

Dec 19, 15 12:59 am
TXY48

Horrible layouts...

And improve your drawing skill...........like for real.......if you can't draw at least use a ruler...

Good luck

Dec 19, 15 2:20 am  · 
 · 
Zaina

^ you know they need something to laugh at!

girl, i'n not here to frustrate you, but your portfolio needs lots of work... for someone with an IT background, you have a good first attempt in my opinion... 

Dec 19, 15 7:06 am  · 
 · 
no_form
Look at other m.arch portfolios on issuu. You need to revise your layouts. No borders and color blocks. Keep your typography a simple sans serif and make sure it doesn't look like a dot matrix printer typeface. Keep words spaced the same. Do not stretch them.

Google basic graphic design.

There's more to say, especially about the content itself. But establish a grid logic for your layout and select some clean simple sans serif typeface.
Dec 19, 15 11:31 am  · 
 · 
RazanALT

OK, thanks @no_form . Back to the drawing board, literally. I have zero art background (clearly). 

Could you comment on content? I really struggled to find material for my portfolio as described in my original post.

Dec 19, 15 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
ShakeyDeal

I think the content is probably good enough to get you in to some masters programs, it just needs to be cleaned up and presented more clearly. Improving the formatting will also help support your content. 

Dec 19, 15 1:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: